Author Topic: I'm living on a construction site  (Read 2914 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
I'm living on a construction site
« on: November 25, 2013, 14:16:04 PM »
The Kaya valley seems to be one large construction site. Where we live in Keciler there are 3 houses being built and one being refurbished within 250 metres of our cottage. On the closest one they have been drilling rock for the last 6 days. We have spent a fortune on lunches in Fethiye just to get some peace and quiet.

I spoke to the local hoga and from what I understand Kaya and Keciler will be taken over by Fethiye sometime next year? So it appears the locals decided to get these houses built before this takes place.

It's a nightmare at times on the mountain road from Kaya to Fethiye with all the construction traffic and the many ready mix trucks that run late into the evening.

DonM

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: I'm living on a construction site
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 16:07:48 PM »
Yes, the locals believe that, once the changes occur, Fethiye Belediye will write-off all the illegal builds and start with a fresh slate. That's why they're putting so much effort into building now. It's a big gamble as the valley's already been surveyed on the ground, by helicopter and by satellite, and the cut-off was supposed to be last summer.

The only thing you've got to look forward to is that, if you own your house, it's value is likely to increase quite substantially once the council boundaries change.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 07:38:47 AM »
Aw Don, sorry to hear you're not having as relaxing a time as you may wish.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 10:31:53 AM »
We stayed with Turkish friends in October who said the cut-off point will be in April - so everyone is rushing to get the building done by then, bearing in mind they expect to lose a certain amount of work time over the winter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf