Author Topic: what do you think?  (Read 8391 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

what do you think?
« on: April 10, 2014, 11:23:18 AM »
Been in the uk welcoming the new Grandgirl,and catching up with a few. Visited my work and had a light bulb moment. Should I/we return to Uk between November and March each year? I can return to my job through an agency. It would mean renting short term again. I can,t really see the point of sitting up in Ovacik freezing my t**s off, when I can be earning seeing family etc.

How will this impact on my residency?
What is the situation paying tax? Do I pay English or/and or Turkish?
Does this defeat the object of moving to Turkey and I should just shallap bleating, man up and get more  prepared for winter?
Thoughts anyone?

: :)

Offline Bluwise

Re: what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 14:57:44 PM »
I know nothing about residency etc but that would be my ideal scenario and judging by your reaction to the cold, yours too! :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 15:17:07 PM »
Or you could bite the bullet sell up in Ovacik and move to Calis or Fethiye where it's a lot warmer in the winter months?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 15:21:00 PM »
It's still cold and damp though Jacqui.  My preferred option would be UK in the winter I think.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 15:32:36 PM »
Fair opinion Stoop, but ive never needed sandbags here with reference to rainfall and damp and nowhere near as cold as the UK.  ;)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 15:47:35 PM »
I don't know about the Residency side of your idea/plan, but if you are working, even part-time in the U.K. you would definitely be subject to U.K. Tax Regulations, IF you earn over the Income Tax threshold .
I know that our property was cold in the winters (7 of them), in Akarca, & that was in a centrally heated property with 7 double radiators running on oil. Glad to be back in sunny Hants.  ;D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 16:00:00 PM »
Des - it's just that of the houses aren't built for winter. We have friends moving back from Spain after living on the south coast for ten years. They've got an old, traditional property but are fed up with being cold in the winter.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 16:02:42 PM »
Fair comment Stoop.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 18:14:10 PM »
I have lost count of the number of people who moved here without knowing that Turkey is cold in The Winter... Just shows that you need to do your homework and make sure that as best you can prepare your home for the cold weather.. There are lots of things to do during the Winter months.. It is still warm during the day apart from the odd storm

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 18:26:13 PM »
How will this impact on my residency?
What is the situation paying tax? Do I pay English or/and or Turkish?
Does this defeat the object of moving to Turkey and I should just shallap bleating, man up and get more  prepared for winter?
Thoughts anyone?
 :  :)

Re the residency, If I recall you should not be out of Turkey for 6 months or it invalidates, someone may correct me here, if it still stands then you could do it and return to Turkey just before your 6 months is up.  The passport police would be the best bet to check this information  is still correct.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf