Author Topic: internet access in Turkey  (Read 2006 times)

Offline heatheric

internet access in Turkey
« on: April 14, 2014, 19:02:23 PM »
I would like some advice please about how best to access the internet for business and personal use whilst I am staying in my apartment on holiday.  I have a smart phone and laptop and think that if I purchase a 'dongle' which plugs into the laptop, I will have wireless access for both.  Am I right?  Where would I get a dongle? Can I have one which covers me for my 4 week holiday or will I need to have a contract?  What are the best deals available?  Where do I go to sign up?
I think that's all my questions - of course there may be more that I should ask so if there is anything I need to be aware of I'd be grateful. 

Many thanks for your help    :)

PS - I've copied this question from the general section as it seems more appropriate here.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: internet access in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 19:47:39 PM »
You are probably best buying a mifi from Turkcell with a data sim. This lets you connect a number of devices (5 I think) at any one time to the internet. You top up with packets of data 1gb for 1 week, 4gb for 1 week or 4gb for 4 weeks. There are a few detailed threads on here if you search for them one being http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=54711.0

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: internet access in Turkey
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 19:50:41 PM »
I think H.Q. would have moved this for you, now you have two threads going, it could be confusing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf