Author Topic: EE mobile phone ? Read this.  (Read 3370 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
EE mobile phone ? Read this.
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
Just got back from Calis and while over sent about 6 texts on my mobile. After going online to check what my extra charges would be, I was gob smacked to see that as well as the extra £2.40 charge for sending the texts, I was also charged an extra £46 for calls made on my mobile while in Turkey, even though I never used my phone whilst over there. I phoned EE to ask how these charges had occurred, the explanation was unbelievable. I have an answer phone on my phone and if someone phones me from UK and I don't answer( which I never do) the call goes through to my answer phone. I then get charged £1.50 for the incoming call and then a further £1.50 for the call to be transferred to my voice mail.Can you believe this? This happened quite a few times and ended up costing me the £46. After protesting strongly EE agreed to remove the charges and to stop it happening again I must ring them before I travel to Turkey and they will turn off my voicemail, as I can't turn it off myself. I have never had this problem before and this was my first visit to Turkey since my supplier changed from Orange to EE. So if you have a contract phone with EE , MAKE SURE YOU PHONE THEM (150) AND HAVE YOUR VOICEMAIL TURNED OFF OR LEAVE THE BLOODY THING AT HOME !!!  >:( >:(

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: EE mobile phone ? Read this.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 11:35:04 AM »
Glad you got it sorted Chris but just goes to show these companies will scam you anyway they can. Someone not assertive as you would probably let it go or given up  :(

Offline Fran

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 14:05:58 PM »
I've just checked my ee account and had a charge for £3. Not much I know but for a one second call to my voice mail, it's a bit excessive. apparently if you reject a call which I did (from an unknown number) it automatically gets re routed back to your voice mail in UK, and charges you twice, £1.50 for call and £1.50 for voice mail. EE have refused to refund me, so I have asked for it to be escalated. Its the principal now. Just checked a previous bill, and I had charges on that as well. Phoned them back and they eventually agreed to meet me half way and I got £10.50 back. I've now switched off my voice mail permanently.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 14:35:40 PM by Fran »

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 14:48:58 PM »
Timely advice Chris.  I'm coming out next week and I had been trying to find a way to temporarily deactivate my voicemail. There was nothing in "settings" to allow this from my Iphone.  I rang 150 as you suggested and they immediately arranged for deactivation and automatic reactivation on my return to UK.  They also advised me to check regularly whilst abroad on my data roaming............apparently, with an Iphone, if you send a picture message, it can override the switched off roaming and leave the data roaming open with possible financial consequences.
This info could be helpful to other Iphone users who believe they have escaped data charges because they switched off data roaming.  I don't know if this applies to phones other than Iphones but perhaps it's an idea to check occasionally between pints of Efes.
Incidentally, if you look through your window at Atherton you might see me...........I live in Leigh!  Cheers!  ;D

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 17:07:19 PM »
Timely advice Chris.  I'm coming out next week and I had been trying to find a way to temporarily deactivate my voicemail. There was nothing in "settings" to allow this from my Iphone.  I rang 150 as you suggested and they immediately arranged for deactivation and automatic reactivation on my return to UK.  They also advised me to check regularly whilst abroad on my data roaming............apparently, with an Iphone, if you send a picture message, it can override the switched off roaming and leave the data roaming open with possible financial consequences.
This info could be helpful to other Iphone users who believe they have escaped data charges because they switched off data roaming.  I don't know if this applies to phones other than Iphones but perhaps it's an idea to check occasionally between pints of Efes.
Incidentally, if you look through your window at Atherton you might see me...........I live in Leigh!  Cheers!  ;D

Can you see me fella, I am waving now. ;D ;D
I am also a leyther Dennis. Great result for us last night, even though we lost. What a performance.  ;)  ;)

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 19:32:58 PM »
We did better than some Super League clubs have done against the top dogs!  Gives us a great deal of hope and we could come away from Leeds with our heads held high. Onwards and upwards!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf