Author Topic: accomodation advice - to sleep 8  (Read 2746 times)

Offline dawnO

• Newly Registered
accomodation advice - to sleep 8
« on: August 14, 2014, 13:30:16 PM »
Hi

Im looking for a 4 bedroomed villa for August 2015.  I have seen some but am getting a little confused about location.  Is Calis, Calis Beach and Koca Calis all the same.

Basically I am looking for somewhere that can accomodate 8 people ( 4 adults and 4 kids) preferably 4 bedroomed.  We dont mind a 15 minute walk to bars and restaurants but wouldnt want to be too far out. A private pool would be preferred.

Would anyone out there be able to offer any recomendations please.

We have stayed in Olu Deniz Icmeler and Hisaronu in the past.  Which resort would most closely match Calis Beach ( need to know we are chosing the right resort)

Many thank

Dawn

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: accomodation advice - to sleep 8
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 14:05:46 PM »
I would say that Calis & Calis Beach are likely to be the same locationwise; Koca Calis is further away from the main prom, where a lot of the bars / restaurants are. As Koca Calis extends quite a distance, I wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to the walking distance.

As for comparisons with other resorts, it would really depend on when you visited them; Calis is definitely much quieter & more laid back than the present day Hisaronu, but is a buzzing metropolis compared with the Hissy of 25 years or so ago!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 16:19:01 PM »
Koca Calis is further away from the main prom, where a lot of the bars / restaurants are.

Just to be absolutely clear, Liz means a lot of the bars/restaurants are on the main prom, she isn't saying that Koca Calis is where a lot of the bars/restaurants are. I thought it could be read both ways  :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 17:03:10 PM »
Koca Calis is far more rural. It's about a 30- 45min walk to Calis prom where most of the bars and restaurants start.

However Koca Calis has a few bars and restaurants on the beach and is much more tranquil than Çalis Beach.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 17:11:27 PM »
I think you can get tranquil in Calis Beach too, the prom is busy, but 5 minutes drive away where our place is, it is tranquil, our neighbours are farmers and graze they goats and sheep in the field in front of our place.
Mummy with her two kids shakes the Mulberry tree and they eat the Mulberries. How tranquil is that?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 17:16:33 PM »
I find Calis Beach ridiculously tranquil - even near the front at the Oykun with 'Bar Street' one way and the dual carriageway along the back, you can be by the pool and it's like you are at a hotel in the middle of nowhere  :)

Offline IanK

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 17:22:21 PM »
There are some 4 & 5 bed properties for rental at Sunset Beach Club - this is between Calis and Koca calis - but nearer to Koca.

Its 3 minutes walk from the Surf Cub and a 20-30 min stroll to the centre if Calis. You can also take a dolmus or taxi from just outside the complex.

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf