Author Topic: Is this the future?  (Read 8157 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Is this the future?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 12:38:18 PM »
I've seen some muddled thinking in my time, but your reply tops the lot, and you are not just confusing everyone about what you are saying, but confusing yourself more.  I suggest that you check again your original post, where you yourself admit 'I know that this is a generalization'.

As to your final piece of homespun philosophical nonsense of 'An observation can be viewed in different ways, a fact is a fact'.  I fell about laughing, but I can see why you keep confusing yourself over observations and facts, particularly with no recall whatever to evidence.

If you cannot work out what the Mccanns have to do with this issue then perhaps I can once again remind you what you said in your original post 'children that appear to come from a more "middle class" background seem to have the ability to sit with their parents/grandparents in a restaurant/pub and be able to hold a conversation and also eat a meal in a proper fashion using the cutlery as it was designed and not with their fingers?."  In the case of the middle class Mccanns, they obviously do not.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 13:09:17 PM »
From my experience this is not a problem of class, it is a problem of parenting.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 13:41:40 PM »
UBT I think there are more words from my post than there are of yours.......but I must say that I am more than happy to supply you with a chance to have a good laugh, but I would be a little careful when falling about as you could hurt yourself  ;)

As a matter of interest who defined that the McCanns are middle class?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 14:04:55 PM »
In newspapers August is known as "The Silly Season". It seems also to be case on CBF this year. I'm sure I've contributed to it. I know a trend when I see it; known for jumping on bandwagons; a dedicated follower of fashion.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 19:45:06 PM »

As a matter of interest who defined that the McCanns are middle class?

It might be their professional status as doctors that defines them as middle class, but more likely - and this is of course an observation not a fact - it has been the response of the Daily Mail, which would have crucified any member of the working class if they had left their children alone 'at home' whilst they went out to dine with their friends.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 15:52:21 PM »
Ah if it was reported in the Daily Mail then it must certainly be true and a fact!!

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 16:23:17 PM »
Hmmmm, class discrimination, Daily Mail, CBF Member spat  ---- have we somewhat drifted off the point a tad??

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 16:46:19 PM »
You angling for a Moderator job JT? Of course, you've never been known to stray off topic yourself!

Offline Stortman

• Formerly the artist known as Essexboy
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2014, 10:32:41 AM »
All great comments about the new way of social interaction. Do you think someday someone will come up with a great idea (probably to be labelled as retro) that it's great for your health to actually speak face to face to other people at a dinner table - or anywhere.  However I would like to add my own particular gripe to this topic which is people skyping or facebooking from the restaurant table and holding a 30 minute conversation - usually accompanied by phrases such as "yes we are on holiday .." , "..No just sitting here having a meal ." etc etc - all of which I have to listen to because of course they have to speak up as they are in Turkey! Appreciate I'm probably sounding old and curmodgeonly but I do feel that I have a right not to have to listen (or perhaps be part of in terms of the video) to other people's conversations - unless of course they are particularly juicy stories!!

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »
You angling for a Moderator job JT? Of course, you've never been known to stray off topic yourself!
Moi?????   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf