Author Topic: Ched Evans  (Read 7284 times)

Offline gardner4

• Newly Registered
Ched Evans
« on: January 08, 2015, 10:18:13 AM »
Whats your opinions on him signing for Oldham. As for myself I signed the petition against it. There seems to be no morals on Oldham's part. I really feel sorry for the girl he raped. He said she was drunk so its not rape so why say sorry to her. Scumbag. A jury never thought that did they when they convicted him.

Offline scorcher

Re: Ched Evans
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 11:58:46 AM »
If Oldham say no might he take that as a yes...........?

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:15:51 PM »
If he as served his punishment according to the law of the land , then who has the right to impose more?

Offline davybill

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 13:08:57 PM »
I think Oldham have changed their minds now,according to the news,

Offline Jack13

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 14:23:38 PM »
imo if I was ched evans I would have a long good think about his future in football. he is going to get dogs abuse wherever he plays.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 14:46:59 PM »
If he as served his punishment according to the law of the land , then who has the right to impose more?
There are lots of occupations where a sex criminal would not be able to continue in their previous line of work - teaching, social care, doctors, police (I think), and there may be a lot more I haven't identified. So lots of professional bodies/employers have taken the right to impose more.

I am content with the outcome - if it really is not employing the man. But, if one director's accusations are true (that individuals were targeted by threats), that would be appalling. However, that is not relevant to the moral issue about whether or not Evans should be employed as a footballer.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 15:40:50 PM »
Maybe he should wait for the outcome of his appeal before he starts trying to start his career again..?  Is he going to be able to cope with the abuse he gets on the field.  ?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 18:54:18 PM »
His followers started a campaign of harassment against his victim, publicly naming her and drove her from
her family, her home, her job, and Evans said s#d all.
Her career was ruined, she should have the final say on HIS career.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 19:37:55 PM »
Maybe he should wait for the outcome of his appeal before he starts trying to start his career again..?

His case has actually been referred to the Criminal Cases Review Commission who investigate possible miscarriages of justice in England and Wales. 

and Evans said s#d all.

To be fair, given the above he really wasn't in a position to make any public statement in respect of remore etc for his crime.

Not defending him, his actions or those actions of his family/friends, just pointing out a few facts.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 19:55:01 PM »
I heard on this evening's news that Evans blames "mob rule" for scuppering his chances of a contract with Oldham. Surely his actions were far more akin to mob rule. Shame on Oldham, they could have easily avoided all this bad publicity and loss of sponsors, and like it will be tomorrow morning, still had a squad that doesn't contain an unrepentant rapist who blames everyone but himself for everything that happens in his sordid little life.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf