Author Topic: BBC Sport - Jimmy Greaves: Former England & Spurs striker in intensive care ____  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Sleuth

He is  one of my football heroes / icon`s and I watched him and that great Spurs team of the early / mid sixties many times..... Jimmy was a terrific goal poacher and a football genius when ever in the penalty area....I can see in my mind even now some of the many goals he scored... get well soon Jimmy

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hope he pulls through ok - not just for the goals you remember so fondly, but for Saint & Greavsie, one of the best sports shows EVER  :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Scun you are so right on Saints and Greavsie, stands as a colossus against the pundits and football shows today, where every match is the best ever, and everything is over-analysed in the mistaken believe that this shows that these people know about football.  He was a great footballer, I only saw him the once when he played for England. I had the pleasure of also seeing him (and Martin Peters should have been Chopper Harris) on one of his evening shows talking about his time in football ... one of the most informative, interesting and down right funny evenings I have had.

Get well very soon old son

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Loved the Saint and Greavsie. always looked forward to seeing those two and IMHO they were a lot better than some of the football pundits of today.
Good look Greavsie, hope you pull through. 

Offline Sleuth

I have read all four of Jimmy`s books also.... well worth a read   :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf