Author Topic: Ovacik address  (Read 11926 times)

Offline Steve H

• Newly Registered
Re: Ovacik address
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 20:15:13 PM »
To all,

Thanks to Dutchie and this forum we have established that the villa does exist.
I'm also pleasantly surprised by the reaction of you all to want to help out. In fact I'm chuffed to bits.

Just one more thing that I have to try and get verified and it is a point that Menthol raised - just because the villa exists doesn't make it the property of the person who is renting it out to us. To be honest it is a question that I have been asking myself for a while now but didn't want to appear too negative out in the open, so to speak. Maybe Owners Direct can help with this point.

Anyway, thanks guys.

Cheers,
Steve

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 22:32:17 PM »
Hi Steve

Try and check the ownership if you can as Kat 1 may mean 1 apartment in a block, which isn't a villa, I may be wrong.

Could any members in Ovacik check out the owner from neighbours ect.  Hope it goes well for you Steve.

Kevin

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 09:45:58 AM »
The link you provided goes to a villa owned by An Andrew Hewitt.

The description of that villa is a straight copy and paste of a villa owned by someone called Tom Osborne. Link: http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8081556

Under Tom's 'facilities' tab he writes "I enjoy staying in the villa because its better than living at home. I believe if you go on holiday you should have better facilities than when you are at home. Staying in a hotel fighting for a sun bed at 6am in the morning and sleeping in pokey rooms is not what I call having fun. This villa as all the qualities you would expect staying in 5* class villa"  

Andrew, however, under his 'faciities tab, writes "I believe you go on holiday you should have better facilities than when you are at home. Staying in a hotel and fighting for a sunbed at 6am and sleeping in pokey rooms is not what I call having fun. The villa has 5* qualities."  

Of course maybe Tom has nicked Andrew's description.

It's up to you guys, bail or gamble - but as someone suggested earlier, Dalaman airport is grim even when you do have somewhere to go. My feeling is (and not just my findings, all the others too) that you need to make sure this is all above board before jetting off.

If it were me I'd need to obtain full confirmation that the holiday accommodation is safe, or take a hit on the deposit and find somewhere else to head for when you touch down.

Hope you have a brilliant holiday in and not be flying with all the worries of the unknown.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 10:09:51 AM »
Steve, don't you get some sort of guarantee with Owners Direct? 

You do if you make payment via them, for which I suspect there is a charge.

By making his payment by bank transfer OD have no further (financial) responsibility. 

JF

Actually, I stand corrected (by myself!).  It looks like OD will cover up to £700 free of charge.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 10:17:34 AM »
Well that's better news John

Just to add to the pile of nagging doubts...he avoided the address question by saying they would send a car/taxi so you don't need to know where the villa is. Who's paying for that? Owners aren't in the habit of offering completely free airport transfers. Have they told you how much extra it will be?

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 10:23:57 AM »
I would definitely be out on this one.  You have time to find another villa to rent and also, based on John's link above, can get a refund from OD too.  I would be involving them (OD) in this to investigate.  The bank transfer you made may help in finding this person.
Very relevant point by Scunner too - who offers free transfers to Ovacik!!!!

Let us know how it goes Steve - there are owners on here you may be able to rent from worry-free.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 10:35:35 AM »
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8134864

Andrew Hewitt has another villa !!!!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »
His phone number is +90 2526166184

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »
Excellent Alan - I'd certainly give him a call just to ensure everything is ok - I'm sure he would be fine with you wanting to make sure everything is genuine.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 11:56:01 AM »
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8134864

Andrew Hewitt has another villa !!!!

People are allowed more than one villa you know   ;)

Hopefully they can phone him and get it all confirmed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf