Author Topic: Pet Lizard  (Read 2778 times)

Offline scareylady

• Yes, she is...
Pet Lizard
« on: July 29, 2005, 12:30:28 PM »
Does anyone know the rules on importing our pet lizard???

Tried the pet transport company and they have no idea.  Has anyone taken a lizard with them???

Lesley
xxx

Offline Dippey

Pet Lizard
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 13:08:53 PM »
Hi Lesley,

Not to sure the laws on "exporting" lizards, you can talk to the UK Defra, not sure which number you need but they can redirect you. I think you will find them very strict on taking a lizard abroad owing to some of them banned, unless you are licensed person.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/contacts/ahdo.htm

or

theres a forum here where you can ask anything about reptiles.
 http://www.reptilecrazy.co.uk/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=4

Dipps
(having a sensible moment!) :-\

Offline amanda

Pet Lizard
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 14:14:41 PM »
http://www.jets4pets.com/
 try this company i am using them to take my 2 parrots to turkey as to talk to BRIAN,
 They also have a dep at Gatwick if you are going from there great.
hope this helps

amanda

Offline Murphy2

Pet Lizard
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 11:58:46 AM »
I have been looking into taking my water dragons with me.  Firstly you will ned the scientific name of the lizard you have.  I contacted DEFRA who put me in touch with The Wildlife Licensing and Registration Service in Bristol.Tel; 01173728168 and was told as they are not an endangered species they do not need monitoring.  Anyway to cut a long story short, i have been in touch with everyone in the UK,  You have to get paperwork from Turkey on import/export rules.  They have been no help what so ever.  Turkish Embassy said they are wild , not pets!  There is no paperwork in taking lizards into Turkey, and it seems to me that they don't want to do it.  Another number i have is for the ministry of environment and forestry in Ankara Tel; 00903122135478.  These are the people who can give you information on import/export.  You will need to get someone to phone them who speaks Turkish,i tried and got nowhere.  My friend was in Ankara and checked out petshops that actually sell lizards.  I was also told to call the British Consulate tel 00902122937540 they didn't get back to me.  I wish you more luck than i had,i got nowhere and am now rehoming my water dragon.  Let me know if you are successful.

Regards  Murphy 2

Offline Tonya

Pet Lizard
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 12:00:52 PM »
Blimey Pauline what a nightmare. Shame you cant take it with you though.

Welcome to the forum  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf