Author Topic: Translation Required  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Translation Required
« on: December 14, 2015, 17:10:52 PM »
I just heard a spokesperson from Nurofen explaining why the fact that their product had been removed from shelves in Australia didn't mean anything was wrong with their marketing and it was not relevant to the UK anyway. He said that company research had shown that people wanted more detailed information whilst "navigating in a grocery environment". I'll take advice from JH on this, but didn't we use to call this ....... "shopping"?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Translation Required
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 18:28:17 PM »
This piece is old news.  They put on the boxes "Migraine" or "Back Ache" etc., but the ingredience are all the same in each box, so the Australian Authorities have taken them off the shelves.   Not been removed in the U.K.though.   ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 18:51:20 PM »
It's not old news Your Maj, and the Australian Authorities haven't taken them off the shelves. They've given the company upto 3 months to remove them and in the meantime they'll be deciding on the level of fine that Reckitt Benckiser, a British company, will be paying.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-nurofen-owner-reckitt-benckiser-ordered-to-stop-selling-misleading-target-specific-painkillers-a6772096.html

Yes Colwyn, "navigating in a grocery environment" did use to be called "shopping" in our day, but in modern marketing they have to use 5 words where we could use just 1.

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 19:07:12 PM »
If it's old news better tell the BBC as I heard it on the radio today.  :o

Offline sadler

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 19:22:24 PM »
Me too Marina.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 20:24:43 PM »
It was reported a very long time ago that the people making headache tablets had put different cures on their tablets i.e. migraine, headache etc.,  I read  that piece on F.B. today and Phil immediately said he knew about it because it was reported a long time ago that all the tablets contained the same things, but all had different conditions (to cure on them).  I then remembered I had read this a long time ago too. In fact, I remember me and Phil going into a supermarket and him picking up some tablets for migraine and then showing me some for headaches, with the same ingredience.  I would advise peopel who do not know to go and compare the tablet ingredience, they are all the same.
So BBC are playing catch up.  This is a post fro 2013.
http://theconversation.com/targeted-pain-relief-or-targeted-marketing-the-truth-hurts-13798
This shows as Phil keeps telling me none of these tablets can concentrate on certain pains, because, they are all the same. 
Especially for KKOB.  Australian Authorites order products to be taken off shelves.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3359775/Nurofen-tablets-taken-shelves-Australia-misleading-customers-sold-UK.html
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 20:39:32 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 21:03:45 PM »
And especially for you Your Maj.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 21:06:03 PM »
Now that I've got your attention !

The post refers to what's happened in AUSTRALIA !

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 21:11:37 PM »
Yes, we are talking about Austraila in case you missed that. It has been old news in the U.K. for years.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 21:29:58 PM »
Now.........

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf