Author Topic: Superbowl 50  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Stuart T

Superbowl 50
« on: February 08, 2016, 17:31:50 PM »
Bit tired but watched the whole thing 'til the early hours.

It's not really caught on here in a big way but I love the sport.

Although I was a rugby player for 24 years (without the armour) and initially sceptical about the game, I learned to appreciate the athleticism, speed and power of these athletes.

Last night's game was a joy to watch (DEfence ruled all).

I had no allegiance to any team (I was an LA Rams fan but they moved) and the underdogs were awesome and shone through to win.

As an aside - Lady Gaga's performance of the national anthem was simply awesome. Emotional softy that I am, I felt a tad embarrassed about starting to well up (but only a little bit).

The Americans can certainly put on a great show.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Superbowl 50
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 18:09:27 PM »
Too tired to watch it last night after doing a full shift but I'll watch the highlights on YouTube.

As a grammar schoolboy I was playing rugger for 5 years. We even weren't allowed to bring footballs into school. I played in the 1968-69 season for Kent Colts and Maidstone under-18s.

These days though I much prefer watching the NFL. It's far more tactical and entertaining.

Offline Stuart T

Re: Superbowl 50
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 18:24:21 PM »
Similar Grammar School sports curriculum.

With Harlequins for a few years 'til 1977 then played for police team.

After leaving police (big decision, mainly financial) worked in USA and watched American Football - fell for it. Never warmed to baseball or basketball.

Long time ago.

Now, regrettably much disabled (rugby, squash, tennis did for me - ruptured disc) and can only manage a few games of darts.

At least my Blue Badge allows me to park close to Tesco's entrance!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf