Author Topic: Internet Issues with iPad  (Read 2259 times)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Internet Issues with iPad
« on: June 13, 2016, 09:05:33 AM »
I came over to the UK on Wednesday. I'm staying with a  friend and my iPad just refuses to access the internet.

It connects to her wifi network no problem and shows my VPN is connected (which generally indicates I have internet access) but it won't load any sites, FB, Twitter - nothing.

We have tried both a hard and soft reset of the iPad, simply switching the wifi off and on again, 'forgetting' the network and then reconnecting, and even rebooting her router with no joy.

It's not an issue with her wifi as my iPhone, laptop and Kindle all connect to it with no problem, as do my daughter's devices and indeed my friend's and her daughter's.

My friend's partner says his sister had a similar issue with the wifi at his house when she visited from France earlier this year....so is it something to do with switching countries/networks? He says he thinks it was a simple settings issue but neither of them can remember what it was or how they fixed it!

It's a real pain in the bum as I generally have two screens on the go when I'm working and I'm here for another two weeks!  :(
Any thoughts or advice from you more techie types much appreciated.....

Offline Menthol

Re: Internet Issues with iPad
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 20:24:25 PM »
According to this link below, I think you are now at the 'contact Apple' stage ....  :(

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

Offline Hamlet

Re: Internet Issues with iPad
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 20:36:15 PM »
Try switching Airplane mode ON then try connecting to the Internet.
It worked for me at Gatwick airport for a while once, if it does work & then eventually stops working, then just turn it back OFF & hopefully you will stay connected.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf