Author Topic: Static IP addresses  (Read 9830 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Static IP addresses
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 13:49:01 PM »
My point still stands though.

Well, actually your original one doesn't as you've now acknowledged below

Regardless of the laptop/device IP (in the 192.168.x.x range set via DHCP from the router) the Polis software is still only going to recognise the static public-facing IP address my ISP has set for my 'Home' router. Not a problem if you are permanently based in one location.

That is essentially what I said at the start.

Trouble is, how will the Polis system cope when I use my laptop from a different location and I do not have access to the 'Home' router?

From their perspective it's how will you cope? 

I suspect that the requirement for a static IP address is simply another layer of security - ok, anyone with the knowledge can spoof an IP address, but at least the Polis are doing what they can to make the system as secure as possible.

Have you tried switching off, and on again ?   ;)

Alan, I would love to be able to switch you off and on.  In fact, I bet your missus would love to be able to do it more than anyone  :)

JF

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 15:06:45 PM »
Thanks kkob..Made me proper LOL

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 15:21:11 PM »

Alan, I would love to be able to switch you off and on.  In fact, I bet your missus would love to be able to do it more than anyone   :)

JF

She has promised that I won't be on life support any longer than she thinks necessary.  ;)

Offline Inspector

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 09:28:17 AM »
Good news
Police system has been updated. They informed us that static ip will be only for hotels. For aparts and villas no need statik ip you can connect from anywhere. But again police told you have to buy a software. There is many software to do that (more than 30) cheapest one 250 lira

Offline Inspector

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 09:36:04 AM »
When you wisit police web site there is a free software you have to download and install on your pc.
Guest list creating and crypting software for police region is not free.
Software which will connect you to police system and let this crypted file  sent to police is free

Offline pmacker

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 14:45:20 PM »
My answer to the static ip address issue was to leave a device like a cheap laptop connected to the LAN with "Teamviewer" loaded. I could then access this device from anywhere on the internet i.e. the UK - and just access to the police system if I was in Turkey.

Again I was told that the software and your account on the police system is locked to a particular ip address ( supplied by your Turkish ISP).

However I have not tried this as I am stuck in the UK working till the summer.

If anyone could try it the Teamviewer software is free for personal use and let me know I would be grateful.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

Thanks

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 15:20:44 PM »
That's refreshing, a nice positive minded post in respect of the new regulations, with a bit of lateral thinking thrown in.

As long as the remote machine is configured correctly, no reason why it wouldn't work.  Internet and power outages may be problematic though, if the machine is to be completely unattended.

JF

Offline madmart

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 15:45:24 PM »
My answer to the static ip address issue was to leave a device like a cheap laptop connected to the LAN with "Teamviewer" loaded. I could then access this device from anywhere on the internet i.e. the UK - and just access to the police system if I was in Turkey.

Again I was told that the software and your account on the police system is locked to a particular ip address ( supplied by your Turkish ISP).

However I have not tried this as I am stuck in the UK working till the summer.

If anyone could try it the Teamviewer software is free for personal use and let me know I would be grateful.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

Thanks

I use Team Viewer for sorting out problems my mother has with her laptop. She lives in Cornwall and we're in Surrey. It is very effective and works well.

The only problem is if the remote machine has gone into hibernate I've tried setting the wake up remotely options and they do not seem to work.

Offline Inspector

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 10:01:47 AM »
When you wisit police web site there is a free software you have to download and install on your pc.
Guest list creating and crypting software for police region is not free.
Software which will connect you to police system and let this crypted file  sent to police is free

This information given by me in March, Now new system, you have to have a static ip adress.
For a static ip adress you need to aplly to your internet service provider and pay 15 lira monthly.
Here is the link showing your routers ip adress.
http://whatismyipaddress.com/tr/ip-im
You turn off and on your router wisit the web site above again, you will see that each time router gets a random different ip adress.
After you apply for static ip your ip adress will not be changed for your router. It will get the same ip numbers each time and its the outhirised one by Police system.
Your ip adress on network are sub adresses and not seen by internet system. Some people make change on setting for their network and make their ip static but this is waste of time becouse its networks ip number,  not the worldwide internet systems ip for your router.

Offline pmacker

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 10:19:11 AM »
Please have a look at:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/video-how-set-up-teamviewer-wake-lan-jerry-boutot

This will help with setting your wake up on lan. This will only work if you are plugged into and using a cable connection
to the router. There are very few drivers available for wake up on wireless lan.

I have tried this in the UK with two PC's as previous post and it works fine. I am just worried that Turkey's ISP block this type of access.

However there is a rumour that if you are just an apartment owner that the static ip address is not required??Although no accesss is allowed from outside of turkey?Can anyone confirm or reject this idea?

Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf