Author Topic: Static IP addresses  (Read 9828 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Static IP addresses
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2017, 10:45:39 AM »
However there is a rumour that if you are just an apartment owner that the static ip address is not required?

It is I suspect just a rumour.  The first IP address you use to log on to the system is the one it stores as being your unique IP address.  Any subsequent attempts to log on require your request to come from that IP address before it'll let you in.  There is a procedure to change the stored IP address, but its not something you can do regularly (e.g. only if you change ISP etc).

That said, it is Turkey and things can change!

JF

Offline pmacker

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 13:27:59 PM »
I have been told that the new regulations for registering visitors to my apartment are only for Turkish visitors.
All family visits, which will all be from the UK, are resolved by them having e-visa's and using passports to enter the country.

As this is only a security issue this makes sense???

Can anyone confirm. Sorry to be so pedantic but just trying to get to the bottom of this!!!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 13:41:55 PM »
Sounds like there's someone you need to stop listening to - the new regulations cover all visitors, irrespective of nationality.

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 14:24:28 PM »
As this is only a security issue this makes sense???

This is a tax issue, under the guise of a security issue. When / if the State of Emergency is lifted, you can be sure that the need for guest registration won't be.

Offline pmacker

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 20:30:57 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback. This looks like being an absolute pain to sort out from the UK.

I have noticed that YellALi are offering a service for 600TL to resolve all these issues?

http://www.yellali.com/news/article/448/owning-a-villa-in-turkey-just-got-serious

Has anyone used this service, I appreciate it's only early and there will probably be many agencies offering such services ot know of YellAli, they are based
locally in Fethiye.

Thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf