Author Topic: Tell me about babatasi?  (Read 3418 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Tell me about babatasi?
« on: August 21, 2017, 10:33:38 AM »
Bern's on the move again. Downsizing..thought ciftlick,then thought  it's too far out. Also want to be near hospital,shops,sea,etc.

Thoughts on Babatasi?? The usual warts n all version please.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Tell me about babatasi?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 11:44:57 AM »
Plenty of places round here Bernie. Walking distance to Kipa & to the Migros that used to be Tansas, Bulents pork shop & a few markets that are like Arkwrights - open all hours. Also a couple of good bakeries. From middle road, about 10 mins walk to the new prom & a good number of restaurant / bars

3 dolmuses between Fethiye & Calis, one on Gunlukbasi road, one on coast road & one on the middle road that will drop you on the doorstep of Sunday market.

Two biggish schools to avoid - the big one on Celal Bayer Cad & a new one that opened last September, about 100 metres further along. Traffic chaos at pre-school & chucking out time. They did use the playground at the big one for weddings, which even 2 streets away can get a bit much, though we don't seem to have any since Ramazan. Also a couple of parks that can get a bit rowdy.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 13:47:57 PM »
Thanks Liz. Any recommendations for a decent emlak please?  Cos everyone I meet is an emlak these days????

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 14:02:48 PM »

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 14:46:34 PM »
Thank you Kevin, already on there. Viewing tommorow.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 14:08:34 PM »

(Bulent's pork shop has closed btw)

Not sure where you got that info Kevin, but as of this afternoon, when I was in there, Bulent's Pork Shop is very much still in business. Granted he's had a bit of a change around, the chiller cabinet hasn't got quite the variety of old, but with the reduction in the numbers of ex-pats & tourists, probably to be expected. He is now selling booze & fags & has quite a large display of fruit outside.

Another Levissi Garden type rumour  ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf