Author Topic: Taxi's  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Ally B

Taxi's
« on: May 05, 2018, 11:41:53 AM »
Laden down with wine from Fethiye Migros decided to get a TAXI to beside the Letoon Hotel in Calis. We were charged 30 lira  £5.50 thought it was a good price it would have been double that at home. Think I will use a TAXI more often.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Taxi's
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »
It used to be quite expensive, the exchange rate is making things like this more affordable - I might even invest myself  :)

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 12:49:02 PM »
We used taxis a few times last October after a shopping trip when we were staying at Sunset Apts next to Letoon . Well worth it and exchange rate is even better now!

Offline daveG

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 12:11:22 PM »
Our first mode of transport has always been by dolmus (Kent cards have made access easier) but as we get older and less mobile we do use taxis much more. For my wife and I 20tl into centrum and 30tl into Calis split between us (door to door) rounds of evening out, and as the boss says "we're worth it"

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 13:25:47 PM »
With things like this I haven’t managed to move with the times. 30 lira will always compute as £12 to me :o

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 18:54:21 PM »
My issue has always been that Fethiye taxis were at least three times the price of Istanbul taxis, always grudged (irrespective of exchange rate) paying more to go from the edge of the Paspatur to Karagozler 2 as I paid going from Balat to Taksim!

JF

Offline IanK

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 18:19:54 PM »
Weve always used a taxi for our shopping trips to Migros - not lugging 8-10 bags full on and off the Dolmus.

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf