Author Topic: Finally Legal !  (Read 8871 times)

Offline iankirk

• Mossley, UK
Re: Finally Legal !
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 16:57:02 PM »
The wording of the amnesty I read on one website suggested that even though you have a Tapu and Habitation certificate, the property could be illegal. The reason given was that the final build did not match the plans originally submitted by the builder.

It was also suggested to me some years ago that properties in Calis with balconies on the second level are illegal. Was this just another rumour or is there any truth in this?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 17:04:48 PM »
We bought a Hanel House in 2003 and sold it in 2012. I wonder how many houses they built that were illegal?

Probably far easier to count the ones that WERE legal.

Offline busybee

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2019, 07:13:35 AM »
Flippin Heck!!!! a result after a long drawn out few years

Really chuffed for you and the Mrs and hope it sells quick.  Its a beautiful house and seen it many times on walks in Kaya

I dont know who told us when we bought our Golden Moon House 16yrs ago, it must have been on here, as we knew nowt !!!! only from info on CBF.

Most important thing to look for when we went to the tapu office with the little ole man who owned the land and Mete that check, check, check that there was a K in a certain box on the Tapu!!!

I remember being in a state of Paranoia , as I wouldnt sign it without triple checking it and the tapu, to me didnt look a very professional document lol.  The man behind the counter was getting very impatient as large queue behind us.

I must have checked it 20 times, signed came out, still not sure completely sure that it wasnt dodgy. Then when we couldnt get our tapau for 6mths because they werent issuing tapu's, was convinced that we werent legal.

We was of course and the rest is history.

So many folk I know, had homes, that were illegally built, and have been going thru the same.

I assume that does not happen anymore????

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf