Author Topic: Starling bank password change  (Read 4614 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Starling bank password change
« on: June 20, 2020, 11:09:56 AM »
I know some members have the Starling account, I have been trying ever since the Easyjet hack to change my password with no luck what so ever...I go through all the necessary steps to do it but nothing happens, Iv tried to phone but just get a message saying no one can take my call... can anyone advise please what it is I may be doing wrong, many thanks

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
Re: Starling bank password change
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 18:04:39 PM »
Why would you need to change your Starling password because of the Easyjet security breach.Surely you just need to change your easyjet password?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 18:22:04 PM »
Are you trying to change your password or passcode Karennina ?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 22:32:56 PM »
Why would you need to change your Starling password because of the Easyjet security breach.Surely you just need to change your easyjet password?

Not that I have to explain my reasons but I did tend to use the same password for various sites my answer is the clue 😷

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 22:36:05 PM »
I’m trying to change my password KKOB and it’s proving impossible we’ve both tried in case it was something I was doing or not doing...Iv read possibly on here that someone has had a fraudulent transaction show up on their credit / bank statement so I must not keep putting off getting  it sorted,

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 12:08:21 PM »

Not that I have to explain my reasons but I did tend to use the same password for various sites my answer is the clue 😷
Your right ,you dont have to explain your reasons,but using the same password for various sites is not very smart.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 13:09:26 PM »
It's always wise to change passwords every so often. Although I'll admit that some of the sites I only use occasionally rarely get changed. Others, especially ones linked to finance are changed every few months. My Starling account mostly gets used on holidays so I change the password and passcode after booking the holiday.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 21:03:41 PM »
Sorry AOK I’m not normally aggy in my replies well apart from when someone suggests chucking a chicken into a cess pit but that is another CBF story.
Sadly we lost my beloved amazing father in law on Wednesday and I’m heartbroken so feel the need to be a bit aggy at the mo so please excuse me.

I agree it’s not smart at all to use the same password for things but I did laziness I guess and we had the email from EJ few weeks ago to say our details had been compromised so started changing everything and up to now all good apart from my Starling one, sooo frustrating

Offline charlste

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 11:19:16 AM »
you can do it on the app.

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 15:06:53 PM »
No problem.I'm sorry for your loss.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf