Author Topic: What is the wait time for a taxi from one of the call buttons  (Read 3273 times)

Online Karennina

• Prolific Member
Hi all does anyone know how long we should roughly wait for a taxi to appear if you press one of the buttons, we ordered one earlier and waited for 25 mins ( couldnt actually wait any longer due to the heat) and no taxi appeared - we felt guilty in case they have a wasted journey ( fuel costs to them) but surmised no1 was going to appear! Thanks for any info

Offline Brucat

What is the wait time for a taxi from one of the call buttons
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 14:50:44 PM »
5 minutes usually. It tells you which rank it is coming from. Usually the nearest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline lissa

Re: What is the wait time for a taxi from one of the call buttons
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 16:17:33 PM »
I have only usually waited 5 minutes, maybe once or twice 10 minutes. You haven't said where travelling from, but always busier on Fethiye market day. Plus very hot weather so people tend to take taxis.

Online Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 17:03:27 PM »
Thank you for replies   :) it was at one of the call buttons near our apartment - we gave up in end & went back home, but good to know for future I will time it and give up after 10mins…we are guessing if the “sheds/ huts aren’t manned then there will be no1 to know we have pressed a call button!   :)

Offline lissa

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 19:07:17 PM »
Get the nearest taxi office number or a card from one of the drivers.

Offline jan deli

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 23:47:48 PM »
hi, Karennina after having flights cancelled and postponed i was just wondering who you flew with and what route you took to a red list country. Do you need to have a residency permit.

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 09:01:24 AM »
hi, Karennina after having flights cancelled and postponed i was just wondering who you flew with and what route you took to a red list country. Do you need to have a residency permit.
Hi, jan deli...it's not the "getting to...", it's the "getting back" that's the issue. I had a quick look at skyscanner and you can still travel to Turkey, but coming back to the UK from a red country requires you stay in a government internment camp (oh, sorry...hotel) until you are safe to be released back into the population.

Seriously, though...there are still commercial flights travelling around the world, green, amber and red countries alike (Turkish TK1980 to Istanbul leaves at 11.25 this morning from LHR); you will just need to prepare for isolation in a hotel on your return until the country's COVID status reduces to Amber.

Offline jan deli

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 23:10:40 PM »
I missed understood, I thought that you could only travel for urgent or business reasons with residency, i know about the quarantine which is a good thing to keep variants of this vile disease out of the uk.Im stuck with jet2 who canceled my tickets and have now been postponed to Sept and feel they will fly come what may so they don’t have to refund now that restrictions are lifted and then make us pay extra to quarantine if Turkey is still a red list country on return, I will lose out whatever decision i make, and living only 10 mins from Birmingham airport it’s my preferred airport to use.
My daughter has just returned from seeing her dad in France and the pre and post covid tests cost more than her flights
Thank you for your reply.

Offline lissa

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2021, 09:44:19 AM »
Jet2 won't fly to a red listed country, so if Turkey is not put into amber on 25/26th August or at the next review around 16th September, your flight will be cancelled. I don't think you will lose, Jet2 seems to have been good at refunding. Variants are already in the U.K.! Delta definitely, as it is in many other countries.

Online Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 06:19:17 AM »
Hi Jan Deli sorry only just seen your question.
Ok so we flew direct Gatwick Dalaman with Turkish Airlines, we were very lucky that the flight went ahead as had at least 5 cancelled prior to that one! I think it was partly because the uk schools had broken up & it was mid/ end Bayram & as they are a Turkish airline I believe that’s why it went ahead, we did a rough passenger count up & there were a max of 35 of us on there!
The reason the majority of air  lines have been cancelling is ( from what we have gathered) is there has just not been demand for the seats - as like the other poster said it’s the going back to the uk re the extreme cost of the hotel quarantine on arriving back.
Hope this info is a help 😀

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf