Author Topic: Anatolia Grill - Stourbridge, West Midlands  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Phil

Anatolia Grill - Stourbridge, West Midlands
« on: September 09, 2021, 13:16:55 PM »

There has been a Turkish place in Stourbridge for quite some time – probably best described as a café.

During the post Christmas lock down it was closed down and massively refurbished by some new owners.

The interior is a very smart Turkish style and it is now very much a restaurant.

Everything is cooked and produced on a charcoal grill on full view, just inside the entrance.

There is a good selection of cold and hot mezes. There is a wide selection of all the usual Shish Kebabs, as well as steaks and a range of burgers.

We went last Saturday and for a while I was back in Çalış ! They have got everything spot on – the ezme meze, the adana kebap, the baklava were all as they should be. ( Could have come from Pashas in Fethiye). And yes ……. they have Efes !

Sadly it was not Çalış prices, but they do have some lunch time specials on some of the kebaps for the bargain hunters.

I’ll be going back and am looking forward to a bowl of soup and a çay and practising my Turkish with them all.

Offline Dennis Vint

Re: Anatolia Grill - Stourbridge, West Midlands
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 14:03:07 PM »
"Memories are made of This......."
Wish we were there (Calis) now.
After two cancellations we are now hoping that we can travel again in April/May next year.    :)

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 18:58:28 PM »
We have got everything crossed for you Dennis   :)  Calis is waiting for you all !! 8)

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 07:17:00 AM »

There is a good selection of cold and hot mezes. There is a wide selection of all the usual Shish Kebabs, as well as steaks and a range of burgers.

We went last Saturday and for a while I was back in Çalış ! They have got everything spot on – the ezme meze, the adana kebap, the baklava were all as they should be. ( Could have come from Pashas in Fethiye). And yes ……. they have Efes !

Great recommendation, Phil.

I'll be taking the kids for a bit of "Turkish Delight" in the Midlands next weekend...that may be the closest we'll see of our Fethiye home for a while.

(Pity they don't do casseroles...guess I'll have to wait for Motif!)
Dale

Offline Phil

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 09:03:06 AM »

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 12:23:23 PM »
Thanks TOSH TOSH    :)   :)   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf