Author Topic: lack of posters  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Ally B

lack of posters
« on: June 18, 2022, 17:31:40 PM »
Where is everyone? I have never seen the forum so quiet.  Is it something I said?

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Re: lack of posters
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 20:00:28 PM »
I agree with you Ally B, not like it used to be which is a shame. I still check in every day as this was the first forum I joined after visiting çalış for the first time 7yrs ago. Would love to see it pick up again as it's a great forum.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 11:51:12 AM »
We went to Bitez near Bodrum after 30 years like stepping back in time enjoyed every minute 😁 looking forward to returning to Calis in September ……. Our friends are currently there and enjoying their stay.
We have missed the banter, information and people we have met through this forum assume Covid is part of the cause.  Where’s Scunner defo miss his charm and wit   ;D
Looking forward to meeting old friends.
Enjoy your holiday 8)  :D

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 19:56:39 PM »
Here here, let's get posting   :)  :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 21:30:07 PM »

I,ve been reading a lot about the Turkish inflation rate and the reports vary greatly.

How are the brit' ex pats living locally finding things, price wise ?  I feel sorry for the

locals. I would imagine many are struggling.. Oludeniz Beach seems quiet for mid June.

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 08:05:06 AM »
Hellllllooooo ,We moved here almost a year ago, but i still tune in to this forum every day, it was the first one i joined , it is very sad that there is nothing to read on here most days....so i think i might start posting  !!! x

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 10:37:44 AM »
After having two planned Calis holidays cancelled due to Covid restrictions, I felt downhearted and despondent at missing out on the experiences known and loved over the last 12 years.
I suppose that many forum members feel the same and they don't post on the forum because they have "nothing to report"  :(

Luckily we managed to spend 9 days at the Remer hotel through Loveholidays in early May this year when most of the restrictions were eased.  We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this small hotel and were well looked after by all the friendly staff, especially Nevra at Reception who seemed to have a finger in very pie and was so helpful to us.  I would recommend this place if you want to spend a quiet period away from the stresses of everyday life in the UK.

The usually vibrant promenade however, was so very quiet both day and evening............I've never known the place so "downbeat."   Even though Covid lockdown is now behind us and most of the restrictions have been removed, a lot of would-be tourists will be concerned abut the increased cost of living and probably having second thoughts about going away on holiday.  But once you get to Calis the exchange rate against the GBP is very favourable, so that somewhat offsets the travel costs.  We didn't notice any major price increases in shops or restaurants.

Ever optimistic, we have booked into the Oykun for a couple of weeks in June next year so fingers, eyes, arms and legs crossed we will get to return to a place we regard as a "second home."

Good luck and best wishes to everyone on the forum and keep posting!  :D :D

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 10:58:24 AM »
I think there has been a lot of dispondency during Covid, hopefully we are past that now  ;D

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 14:41:14 PM »
We too managed to get to çalış this year since 2019. We decided to go for our first out of season visit in April and thoroughly enjoyed it being cooler in the daytime & evenings.. Because of the weather being not too hot (still shorts weather) we ventured out on lots of walks, ate in a few different places too. One particular place was the disabled cafe on the Sunday market road. We had a lovely lunch there and went a few times for breakfast. Really hope this place does well as it's for a worthy cause. They also had two singers on one afternoon. We definitely plan to do this more often if we are able too as it was a totally different experience to visiting in the height of summer. Nice to be back!   :)

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2022, 11:47:57 AM »
My wiife is back in Calis in 4 weeks and me in 7 weeks, can't wait  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf