Author Topic: Restaruants in Kaya Village  (Read 13781 times)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Restaruants in Kaya Village
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 19:10:57 PM »
There is a dolmus from Hisaronu to Kaya village.
Or if you are going in the day time it is a lovely walk from Hisaronu to Kaya.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 19:12:05 PM »
Dolmuses leave the Big Mosque in Fethiye every hour on the hour and go via Ovacik and Hisaronu to Kaya Koyu. The fare is 3 YTL per person.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 19:24:30 PM »
Thanks.  We'll visit the week after next!!!!  Can't wait!!

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 19:44:11 PM »
That is good to know KKOB.  I watched a family go from Fethiye to Hisaronu then get another dolmus to Kaya and would have assumed that was the only way to do it.

Offline Darkhorse

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 09:29:35 AM »
Try Caspers restaurant by the clocktower. It is fairly new and owned by two english ladies. The food is excellent and very reasonable. Very friendly.

Offline friendly ghost

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 14:15:41 PM »
If you decide to go visit Casper's, which I can highly recommend, don't go looking for the clock tower on the roundabout island as it went walkabout around 6 weeks ago.  The nearest landmark would be the newest mosque where the Hisaronu, Fethiye and Gemiler roads meet.  :)
Has anyone any info regarding where the clock went to? [?]

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 17:24:14 PM »
Looking for a restaurant in Kaya next week to take my brother ( his first time to Turkey )  he wants to go somewhere where there is turkish music ( or live turkish music  etc.. )
Someone said the Istanbul is the place, can anyone confirm this please ?
My wife and I  have frequented the Levissi ( very nice ) but heard that the Istanbul has live music... is this true  and what  nights  please  ??

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 17:52:36 PM »
no live turkish music to my knowledge - KKOB will correct me if Im wrong! Kervansaray does a turkish night, with turkish dancing, bbq and free wine. Other than that, not sure of anywhere that will have live turkish music. Kaya winehouse is fabulous for a truly authentic and atmospheric night.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 18:18:55 PM »
They have live bands at Karmylassos every Wednesday night. That's the new place on the bends by Muzzy's and the Istanbul. It's Turkish music, but modern rock and pop stuff, not traditional.

The only time that the Istanbul has live music, to my knowledge, is when there's a wedding being held there.

Karvansary is your best bet for live Turkish music. Plus, if you book through an agent, you can get free transport arranged.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 19:19:16 PM »
thanks for the info  KKOB   and SueMac, but I`m really looking for `traditional` turkish music rather than  modern turkish rock.
Plenty of that  at the Turk bar in Hisaronu  :-)

Yes  we  went to the  turkish night show in  kaya  in May this year... 6 of us went   enjoyed the  buffet, and the  wine was surprisingly nice and not `plonk`  
The show we  thoroughly enjoyed ( us men particularly the  belly dancer ) but we all got `turned off` ( even the ladies present ) by the male belly dancer  :-(   sorry but that act went on too long, and I personally  couldnt watch it,  and neither could our wives... I dont like drag acts personally, and thats how it appeared...  spoilt what was a  very good show

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf