Author Topic: Fishing in Calis  (Read 1377 times)

Offline sheff

Fishing in Calis
« on: June 28, 2009, 10:42:45 AM »
Morning everyone  :) i've heard of this cannal in calis is it fish able also this must be where the reed beds are hope that groper/flasher don't get me  :o he'll be in for a big shock :o :o  yorkshireman 16 stone 6 footer still quite fast on me toes he'll be going for a swim and in a lot of pain  8)[xx(] 8)[xx(] 8)[xx(][|)][|)] :) anyway back to the plot do you use spinners or just bread same question re sea are there any rocky bits to fish off many thanks soon be Aug 10th :D Craig:D

Offline sheff

Fishing in Calis
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »
Bit quite in the reply department this morning folks maybe they have opened the channel tunnel to everyone in calis :P:P ;) or nobody bothered about fishing just cooking themselfs  in the sun :D:D
quote:
Originally posted by sheff

Morning everyone  :) i've heard of this cannal in calis is it fish able also this must be where the reed beds are hope that groper/flasher don't get me  :o he'll be in for a big shock :o :o  yorkshireman 16 stone 6 footer still quite fast on me toes he'll be going for a swim and in a lot of pain  8)[xx(] 8)[xx(] 8)[xx(][|)][|)] :) anyway back to the plot do you use spinners or just bread same question re sea are there any rocky bits to fish off many thanks soon be Aug 10th :D Craig:D

Offline crazytomato

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 21:49:14 PM »
Hi sheff,i did some fishing in the channel last year,got some great days catching grey mullets with bread.They taste also great on the barb.This year i am taking somemore rods with me,i want to find out what is swimming on the bottum of the channel,i have heard about some seabass and flounders.I also will try the beach,will see what i can catch there.From the turkisch people i have heard that wenn you are early on the beach you can catch more than during the day.Wenn you are on the prom and you look at your right side you see in the distance a rock in the sea,that is were a stream mounds into the sea that also is a nice spot to fish from.I hardly cant wait only 25 days,than it is party time for me.

Offline calvin 1949

Fishing in Calis
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 05:46:49 AM »
Hi on the way into Fethiye,there are chaps selling bait they are called mamood or somthing like that . they are like small crayfish.there are rod holes on the walkway neer the new harbour on the way to fethiye so i presume this is also a good place to fish.Regards Calvin

Offline doody

Fishing in Calis
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 08:05:58 AM »
Hi Crazy T
How big are the mullet and how did you you catch them? was you free lining or with rod and reel? I catch mullet in the lagoon about seven inches long with a four mitre whip two hook rig with no float.
If we keep info going it will catch more fish.

Offline sheff

Fishing in Calis
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »
Hey CrazyT :D  Will you please tell us how you got on when you return from your holiday plus any tips you pick up [?] thanks a lot tight lines fella and have a great holiday Craig aka Sheff
Up The Blades  ;) Thanks everyone for the replies now your all awake[|)] [|)] [|)] :D

Offline crazytomato

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 21:41:02 PM »
Hi doody,i got the mullet with a rod and reel.I just make a patanoster without the lead on the end.I let it flow in the stream,just watch the line to stretch and than it is bingo.I also caught them with a white fly on the surface.The average size is about 25 centimeter,but the biggest one was caught by my son,50 centimeter of hard fighting mullet.Sheff i will do the hard work,i suppose someone has to do it.Wenn are you two going to calis?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf