Author Topic: 19 year old girl gang raped, but she receives 200 lashes and 6 months in jail  (Read 2432 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
The Asian father in Gogglebox had a wife who died. One of the sons has a wife and child who do not live their. What the hell this has to do with a poor woman being lashed is beyond me.  I see that the man who was raped by 3 of the men went unpunished. We aren't interfering with Saudi law. Just showing our disgust at the way that women are treated there.
  Maybe NOT interfering, but you would LOVE to be able to . If one took this story to the limit, at the end of the day, this lady knew the laws of her country, she was caught, tried and sentenced. Extremely harsh and barbaric, but, as I said, we should not even contemplate another sovereign states laws, we would be,( and have done in the recent past ), the first to kick up hell if another country stuck it's nose into our affairs !!!!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
this lady knew the laws of her country, she was caught, tried and sentenced. Extremely harsh and barbaric, but, as I said, we should not even contemplate another sovereign states laws, we would be,( and have done in the recent past ), the first to kick up hell if another country stuck it's nose into our affairs !!!!
The laws of her country are that if you are female you are already guilty. I can assure you that if Britain became a country where the law punished the victims I wouldn't kick up any kind of hell if other countries condemned it; I would applaud it with all the remnants of freedom that would be left to me. It is something to do with our common humanity - rather more important than "sovereignty".

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Total agree with Colwyn.....  could be a first  ;D  ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
i watch goggle box very funny. but who am i to comment on the laws of another country.

Offline Hamlet

The Asian father in Gogglebox had a wife who died. One of the sons has a wife and child who do not live
I see that the man who was raped by 3 of the men went unpunished. We aren't interfering with Saudi law. Just showing our disgust at the way that women are treated there.

Mercury, it would appear that you overlooked this on the original article:

Editorial Footnote:  It was just brought to my attention that the male friend of the female in this occurrence was also raped and he received the same punishment as she did.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf