Author Topic: B52  (Read 14323 times)

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
B52
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 19:09:19 PM »
i go in B52 quite often and know all the guys in there, and can honestly say have never had any problems there

Ron

Offline sami

B52
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 19:16:43 PM »
I go to all the bars in Calis and quite openly talk about my mates in the bus stop in B52, Alladins, etc never had any probs at all, i walk past they ask where i'm going i tell them, i find as long as you are open and honest to them they dont care, cos they know you'll be back at some point on my bar crawl!! :D

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
B52
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 19:49:32 PM »
Maybe I am missing the point but why do you have to be "open and honest" with bar staff about where you may choose to go for a drink?

Offline sami

B52
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 19:51:35 PM »
i was just saying if they ask, where your going...why hide it, they dont seem to mind

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
B52
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2006, 19:59:41 PM »
Apologies but still don't get it!!!  what is it they don't mind?  where we spend our money?

Offline sami

B52
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2006, 20:04:08 PM »
people have been saying some bars get funny when u drink elsewhere especially if u've been going in there a while, i've always said im going here and there tonight and never had any bother over the 3 years ive been going calis...its just my opinion that works for me (no name calling or trouble)

Offline Pebbles

B52
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2006, 20:11:02 PM »
I get what Sam's saying, no ones ever made a big deal of it when i've said i'm going to another bar. In all fairness we do go to the bar another time and they know that we will be back out either later on in the year or the next year.

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
B52
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 20:25:27 PM »
Get your point now Sami!!  On a personal note I have only ever been in there once a number of years ago and didn't care for the place.  A group of us were sat at a table having a drink and one of the bar staff walked over, didn't speak but picked a packet of cigarettes off the table and took one.  I thought that very rude but someone in our group said thats just they way they are.  For me that is ill mannered and cheeky. Call me old fashioned.....ha ha
On the other point I don't feel one should ever have to explain to bar staff were you go to drink/spend your hard earned cash.  The bars that we use have never questioned where we have been or were we plan to go next.  But like said so may times on here each to their own, we all have our likes and dislikes.

Offline sami

B52
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 20:29:10 PM »
some can be quite rude, shame u didn't like the place tho, i know we shouldn't have to tell them where we're going, i suppose I've just got used to their ways now....x

Offline Pebbles

B52
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 20:31:42 PM »
They are only trying to make conversation though. Its in the culture of what they do, they are all competitive bars and they are just trying to be friendly. Fair enough for your...[i dont know if dislike is the right word but im gonna use it] dislike to the bar because we do all have places we dont like that much, which maybe down to personal experience or from what people have heard.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf