Author Topic: TURKISH Food in Calis Beach, Whatever Next  (Read 6686 times)

Offline Brandi

TURKISH Food in Calis Beach, Whatever Next
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 17:13:56 PM »
hooray - will definitely give a try or two when next out there.  I hate the british breakfast, roast meal etc..... tomato sauce on the tables... yuk yuk and yuk.  I enjoy it at home but not when on holiday.

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 17:22:10 PM »
Didn't go in there when I was over because I am sure someone said it wasn't all that good. Clearly it has some good reviews so I will definitely give it a go next time. Sounds dead yummy. Just goes to show sometimes you should form your own opinion I suppose.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 17:40:54 PM »
Depends what you want I suppose, it isn't going to get any Michelin stars but for good honest food from the country you are in, it's a wholesome change from all the Chinese/Indian/Mexican/Italian imitations that seem to be the only new places to come to Calis. I would also never let the opinion of someone else make me avoid a place, fortune favours the brave  :)

Offline june

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 19:11:43 PM »
I know him and we eat there lots of times when the old place was open, in fact I remember when Stu and I arrived at Christmas 3 years ago, we were freezing, we went there and sat downstairs all cosy and had his home made Lentil Soup...it was amazing...as was ALL the food there.

He would run across rhe road for beer or anything he ran out of....lovely guy...did not know this place was his, we will definately go in october, in fact its nearly top of my list.:D :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 19:15:48 PM »
Nearly..? What's above it then :D

Offline june

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 19:27:37 PM »
Well, Bamboo was last year.......and that was your great recommendation...so dont say anything:D
.....but to be honest its hard as lots are top of my list as soooooo many places are very good. I love Italian so Bellas was always one of my favourites but La Casa De Mamas was very good this year, oh blimey I don't know......fancy asking me a question like that[?] :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 19:31:43 PM »
we also had a fab meal at Sardunya. We were the only people there and felt sad for them as they deserve to be busy.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 19:33:16 PM »
I thought the Casa De Mama was pretty good, but it's just a Bella Mama's copy (exact copy) recreated 100m down the prom. The benefit of that to Calis I don't know. Certainly hasn't hit Bella Mama's trade, they were packed out every evening we passed.

Offline june

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 19:38:15 PM »
I liked Er Oz, the food was very good this year and last, the Sangria was really good as well....very strong at the bottom...YUM[^]its so much better since that idiot has not been there, thats part of the reason that nobody 'Turned Left'!!

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 20:59:17 PM »
Agree with you June the quality of food and the service you get at the ER-OZ is very good   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf