Author Topic: Hassled  (Read 5378 times)

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
Hassled
« on: September 23, 2009, 20:05:26 PM »
I have just come back from a great week in Calis with 6 friends.  It was great to see some old faces, with some people looking older than I remember!  (joking Scunner)..lol:D

One thing that spoiled it slightly was the amount of hassle we got walking along the front from staff in the restaurants.  I appreciate that they are all trying to win your business, but we got really peed off some nights when a polite "no thank you" was not accepted and we were almost chased by some guys and a few of them actually grabbed some of our party to drag them back to read their menu![:(!]

This does not encourage people to eat in that restaurant it just puts them off, and towards the end I just ignored them and didnt even answer them when they said "good evening" which made me feel awful because I just find that ignorant not to respond.:-\

If there are any restaurant owners or staff reading this post - PLEASE dont be too aggressive when trying to encourage people to eat in your restaurant.  Its not nice and does not generate business as we tended to eat in the places where we didnt get hassled or the staff just nodded a "good evening".  Its much more pleasureable being able to stop and read your menu without feeling intimidated and obliged to eat in your restaurant. If we get a chance to read your menu in peace, we will come back and spend money!

We spoke to a few holidaymakers in different bars and a lot of them made the comment about the amount of pressure that is put on you to go into restaurants.

I expect this level of hassle on the Costa Del Crap, but not in Calis.  Its worse than its ever been this year and very irritating.

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
Hassled
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 20:26:03 PM »
agree, i'ts one of the reasons we dont go along the front very often, i'ts quite hard going sometimes, I'ts a bit like lewises used to be in the perfumery department:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hassled
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 20:44:04 PM »
I never get hassled :D

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
Hassled
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 20:51:18 PM »
Youre not as pretty as me though Scunner!!  lol

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hassled
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 20:54:08 PM »
I'm easy to get in, according to Mrs Scunner I'm difficult to get out :D

Offline Linda

Hassled
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 23:41:51 PM »
I'm surprised and pleased to report that this is not happening in Hisaronu and Ovacik.... I presume the no hasseling rules apply in Calis as they do there!!  We also went down to Fethiye today with some friends who were on holiday to do some shopping and visited all the tourist traps and I am pleased to report that we were barely hassled, which came as a pleasant surprise   8)

Offline denniz

Hassled
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 09:31:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I never get hassled :D

same here,wonder why?...

Offline Flamingo

Hassled
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »
I have had 6 weeks in Calis this season with my wife, a bit of hassle but not much, mostly a bit of banter which I like.
Have had a lot lot worse in other resorts

Frank  

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hassled
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 09:58:20 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by denniz

same here,wonder why?...

I think they gave up on getting the likes of you and I many years ago denniz :D

Offline blueclad

Hassled
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »
we have had 3 x 3 week long breaks in calis this year with a little hassle from only the same 2 places on each visit with new front men this season  ,. one the front [ not even from  Rush this year , god hes mellowed since hes moved along the front  ],. we enjoy the very  minor banter with most of the front men and long term owners who remember us and  have become friends over the years we have visited..

a polite goodevening , no thanks , another night we may vist,   we find goes down ok

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf