Author Topic: What's a boy to do ?  (Read 3293 times)

Offline CocknioDicanio

What's a boy to do ?
« on: July 07, 2010, 11:56:17 AM »
My extensive research has given me a very nasty issue to resolve. According to my speadsheet I have listed 30 restaurants recommended by forum members and Trip Advisor reviews (and that 30 doesn't even include Bella Mamma or Serkul on the basis I only want to eat Turkish food when I'm in Turkey).but I am only in Gunlukbasi / Calis / Fethiye for 10 nights.

I HATE it when that happens  :(

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
What's a boy to do ?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 13:02:13 PM »
simples.......10 days = 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, evening meal) = 30 establishments.  Maths not your strong point ?!!! :D: :)

Offline CocknioDicanio

What's a boy to do ?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 13:52:04 PM »
well my dad was rubbish at maths as well so that makes three of us.

Anyway, I might be in Dalyan, or Olu Deniz or white water rafting or fishing or on a boat trip so  I can't get back in time for  lunch.

I suppose i'll just have to come back next year  8)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
What's a boy to do ?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 13:53:16 PM »
yup, thats usually how it starts !!!!

Offline marina

What's a boy to do ?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 14:47:45 PM »
Mike,  we still haven't eaten everywhere after years of visiting Calis.

You see it's ok to start with but then you get your favourites and think 'oh we'll just go back there tonight' and then your list gets longer and longer and longer ......

I don't think we'll ever get round all the eating places, but who cares - it's all good fun!   ;)

Enjoy it!  

Offline CocknioDicanio

What's a boy to do ?
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 14:54:03 PM »
The way I'm thinking I'll just go to Mosaik Bahche (whatever spelling) this year and work my way through the list over 30 years. If my wife's cousin puts his apartment on the market in the meantime I'll just have to buy it 8)

Offline Harmless

What's a boy to do ?
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 19:05:38 PM »
Sounds most sensible to me.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
What's a boy to do ?
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »
I always find it funny that people in general rave about turkish food, when 90% of the food outlets (I call them that because very few fall into the resturant band) offer chinese, indian, mexican,etc.How many places along them front just offer local food cooked in the turkish style ?

Offline CocknioDicanio

What's a boy to do ?
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 10:37:31 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by c1

I always find it funny that people in general rave about turkish food, when 90% of the food outlets (I call them that because very few fall into the resturant band) offer chinese, indian, mexican,etc.How many places along them front just offer local food cooked in the turkish style ?

From a personal view I will not under any circumstances frequent any restaurant that isn't serving Turkish food.  I adopt the same "when in Rome" policy wherever I go abroad.

It just so happens that Greek / Turkish / Cypriot / Middle Eastern food is my absolute favourite food so I am looking forward to this summer holiday even more than usual  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
What's a boy to do ?
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 11:07:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by c1

I always find it funny that people in general rave about turkish food, when 90% of the food outlets (I call them that because very few fall into the restaurant band) offer chinese, indian, mexican,etc.How many places along them front just offer local food cooked in the turkish style ?

Most of the restaurants in Calis do serve Turkish dishes.
However, they are not to be blamed for serving other foods, you only have to look at this Forum where members always look for English, Chinese, Indian, Italy foods when they come to Calis so you cannot condemn the restaurants for serving the food they are asked for.   These restaurants are in business to make money.
I am always very amused that such a big percentage of this Forum judge local restaurants by the steak they serve. We can all get lovely steak in the U.K.  Scottish Steak, in my humble opinion is the best in the world.  We eat it every week.  So I wonder why do the Brits want to eat Steak in country that does not seem to have any beef cattle?
If us Brit all decided we only wanted to eat Turkish food in Calis I am sure we would quickly be accommodated. ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf