Author Topic: two special restaurants  (Read 6644 times)

Offline Robw

two special restaurants
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 16:55:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Just found the Yacht Classic card this morning.  This is the website, which is very impressive. http://www.yachtclassichotel.com/

Looks stunning  :)

Offline Steve A

two special restaurants
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »
Kale park possibly the worst restaurant I have ever eaten in ! Service crap,food crap and cold vastly over rated .This was 2 nights ago.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
two special restaurants
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 10:58:51 AM »
I heard that several times when we were over, very sad as it was one of the best we'd eaten in over there. The reports were enough for us not to even risk it.

Offline philrose

two special restaurants
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 11:16:36 AM »
Strange is'nt it...
Most times I can go to a restaurant in the UK have a great meal and go back months or years later and still have a great meal.
In Turkey you are lucky if you can go back a day later and have the same consistancy.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
two special restaurants
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 11:37:56 AM »
We always go to the Kale for lunch as it's nice to sit and look at the view while we eat.  This year we went for our first visit and we ordered the Chicken Caesar Salad which we always love.  It was a totally different meal, no crispy toasted bread around it, no great big shavings of parmesan.  Just a great amount of lettuce leaves a small amount of chicken and a sprinkle of parmesan which looked like breadcrumbs.  It  was so disappointing.  I think they must have changed the Chef.

Offline hillside

two special restaurants
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 13:10:37 PM »
They've certainly changed something - not a patch on the restaurant that opened a few years back. Only thing they havent ruined in the view!

Offline valleyboy

two special restaurants
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 14:07:28 PM »
The King's Garden (by the tombs) seems to be very popular at the moment, haven't eaten there ourselves so cannot comment, several neighbours have and say the food is excellent, and although much smaller the same stunning views over the town !

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
two special restaurants
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2010, 20:51:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

quote:
Originally posted by AOK

Phone no- +90 252 614 15 30
e-mail info@yachthotelturkey.com
Web www.yachthotelturkey.com
:D
Well worth a visit

Not the same place, you are referring to the new Hotel, Yacht Boutique.  We went to the Yacht Classic.  It's strange how in Turkey this happens you get a successful business, like Serkul One then some one opens Serkul Two, or you get a lovely place like Yaka Park and someone opens a place of the same name next door. It all confuses the tourists and I am sure it would not be allowed in the U.K. :-\

The Yacht Classic was previously the Yeni Yacht & has been completely refurbished over the winter. It's just before the start of the dual carriageway as you head towards Karagozler. The Yacht Boutique was originally the Yacht, the reason for the similarity of names is that both are owned by the same family.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
two special restaurants
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2010, 21:01:13 PM »
So in a nutshell the Yacht Classic was the Yeni Yacht and the Yacht Boutique was the Yacht. :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf