Author Topic: Bostans - Probably the Worst Coffee in the World  (Read 9724 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Bostans - Probably the Worst Coffee in the World
« on: July 20, 2010, 13:20:34 PM »
Seems like a friendly place alright, we went down to support the cake/dog/charity thing but b'jaysus their coffee is horrific. Coupled with that, despite asking 4 times in a row if they did freshly squeezed orange juice (including using the international sign language for squeezing half an orange) and being assured it was both fresh and freshly squeezed, I got a glass of carton Crappy Gold orange juice.

It may be my fault, maybe I look like a mug  :)

Did I complain? No, it was a charity thing and everyone was busy so I would have felt miserable complaining, but for God's sake fellas, forget the Bim Ekonomi instant coffee and buy a cafitiere and a pack of ground coffee at least, you charge people for it!!!

But well done for having the charity event there, it seemed very busy and very light hearted.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 14:25:00 PM »
A wee photo for you Scunner

Offline Robw

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 14:57:25 PM »

I always remember when i had a bar in Mallorca an English rep asked me if we sell proper Coffee which i assured him we did. We sent his Coffee out and he complained it wasn`t Nescafe :(

Another woman asked if our English breakfast had English bacon, I said no its Danish! :D :-\

The problem i see for Restaurant / Bar owners is the majority of brits just want "little England,Scotland" ETC.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 15:14:43 PM »
I don't want little Britain at all, I want coffee that is drinkable and not absolute rubbish. I'm sure that Turkish people would want the same and they aren't looking for "Little Britain".

Offline lord berry

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 15:33:38 PM »
nice drop of Jamaican made with proper nuts ,stand your spoon up it ,bleddy ansome !But where do i find it ,sounds like Bostons could be a good bet ? xx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 15:37:58 PM »
It did taste a bit like nuts now you mention it. Not sure who's though.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 15:48:15 PM »
Speaking from experience, we also had our own restaurant, most people dont know what a decent cup of coffee is. Too often we were asked for more water/milk as it was "too strong".Most expect and prefer nescafe. Nescafe has become the word for instant coffee in Turkey,the restaurants owners think they can serve up any instant muck and we will be happy, there are not many restaurants who use a proper filter. Sad to say.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 23:48:41 PM »
No but they are catching on slowly but surely and lets face it to Turkish people proper coffee is Turkish coffee- the stuff they give to women in child birth ! Once bought some fresh ground from the market thinking I could use it in my cafetiere - holy mother! Nearly blew my head off!

Offline tonysue

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 00:02:07 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Cavfan

No but they are catching on slowly but surely and lets face it to Turkish people proper coffee is Turkish coffee- the stuff they give to women in child birth ! Once bought some fresh ground from the market thinking I could use it in my cafetiere - holy mother! Nearly blew my head off!

I like a decent cup of coffee, but I really dont like Cuban coffee or Turkish, would rather have the child birth.:D

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 05:11:40 AM »
I am not a coffee enthusiast,so only take weak nescafe with sugar to take out the bitter taste.But I know that Bostans recently purchased an expensive Italian type coffee machine to get consistantly good coffee and made to taste,so I am surprised at the result suggested here!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf