Author Topic: Tent Bar  (Read 4718 times)

Offline laurack

Tent Bar
« on: August 16, 2010, 17:46:09 PM »
Hi all , we are back on the 26th after a two year break and can't wait . The question I am wondering is ,we went to a bar on the front with Turkish dancing and singing under a huge tent where you sat on the floor and relaxed with a pipe and lots of beer. We had a great night until we went to pay the bill and they had for some reason lost our tab! The sum that they came up with was we thought way over the top. I was wondering if this was a one off occurence or if others had had the same problem? I hope it was a one off as we would definatly recomend the place as it was a great night.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Tent Bar
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 17:51:47 PM »
it is an expensive place to visit if you are drinking beeers etc. but as you said a very nice night out.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Tent Bar
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 18:49:41 PM »
If you have a pipe and they keep topping it up it can be an expensive night.  We queried the bill and this was what made it so high.

Offline Lindar

Tent Bar
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 20:00:56 PM »
Been twice to the tents, like it alot but very very expensive. Never had a water pipe there but one night the bill was 140 lira!!! Was drinking brandy and coke but not that much honestly. Next time I went had larger but still v expensive. I think you must be paying for the atmosphere and music etc. Full of Turkish people the nights that I went which was nice perhaps they have more money than we think eh or maybe they just could be charged differently!  :)

Offline cazza

Tent Bar
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 20:02:36 PM »
This is one of my favourite nights out in Calis.  I do think the drinks are more expensive than a lot of places, but I think its worth the extra for the entertainment.  Makes a change from the British type entertainment, which I avoid!!  Never had a problem with them losing our tab.  Also had a great day at the beach at "Tent no 2", and that was very reasonably priced for the food and drink.

Offline Julesp

Tent Bar
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 20:26:22 PM »
They do a nice Turkish breakfast too, but their housewine is yuk!

Offline steven moore

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 20:52:23 PM »
Could yo tell me where abouts the tents are !

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Tent Bar
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 20:55:05 PM »
Over the bridge, turn left, if it's late follow your ears - noisy place on the seafront up that end :D

I heard the prices are cheaper out of season - I saw a sign outside one December which said now is the winter of our discount tent.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Tent Bar
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 08:37:09 AM »
:D:D:D

Offline Gavos999

Tent Bar
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 10:19:51 AM »
we love this place ...one of the most chilled out place in calis...

Beer ,fruit , waterpipe and traditional turkish live music ....bliss  .....roll on next week

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf