Author Topic: too long!  (Read 9912 times)

Offline Anita Brian and Aslan

too long!
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 09:17:25 AM »
Ouch!!!
 Was that the sound of feathers ruffling, or is that just my opinion, which it appears to be of little importance until i have served some sort of apprenticeship on the forum. To criticise but not be criticised seems to be the order of the day. Must learn that lesson quickly. May also say that i object to you saying that I called anyone a liar. I merely stated my opinion
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:29:35 AM by Anita Brian and Aslan »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
too long!
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 10:18:22 AM »
Ah, yet another new member who doesn't feel the need to introduce themselves, wades in disagreeing with someone's opinion then claims they aren't allowed to have an opinion because they are new and aren't part of the "clique". We have only had around 500 of those before. So, to state the facts - you are allowed an opinion, it is in this very topic, unedited, not deleted. You are allowed to criticise, that too is in this page unedited and not deleted. I have been here for 7 years, 350,000 posts and the arrival of 7367 members, would you believe including the occasional knobhead. My experience also tells me that people who claim to have "ruffled some feathers" came here to specifically try to "ruffle some feathers" and trust me we have had way better than you. What you see here is not someone with their feathers ruffled, it is someone who administrates this website doing that job.  

Now, someone claimed previously said that they waited for a hour for a pancake at Bostans and after all the times that they were told it was coming, ultimately they were told it wasn't coming. You said you were there last night and that there is a fuller picture to be seen about what happened - this means that they aren't telling the truth - so object to saying that you called anyone a liar all you like, that is exactly what you imply.

You can argue all you like but as I always explain to people that bleat that they "haven't served their apprenticeship" - everyone is welcome on CBF and 99% feel it. People who walk into a bar for the first time and join a conversation without introduction to argue are always likely to get a reaction from the regulars.

Now please give those 7000+ members the respect of introducing yourself before carrying on your angry fight for justice for Bostans.

Offline Anita Brian and Aslan

too long!
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
I have no angry fight for justice , neither have i come on here to ruffle feathers. The fuller picture does not imply lies, it implies that there was more truth that needed saying. That was my point, However I tip my forelock to your lengh of service and considerable postings and shall sit in awe of your experience giving unbiased opinions.

Offline maximumtom

too long!
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 12:01:02 PM »
quote:

Now, someone claimed previously said that they waited for a hour for a pancake at Bostans and after all the times that they were told it was coming, ultimately they were told it wasn't coming. You said you were there last night and that there is a fuller picture to be seen about what happened
- this means that they aren't telling the truth - so object to saying that you called anyone a liar all you like, that is exactly what you imply.

I can't agree with your logic here Keith. The statement that there is a fuller picture does not imply that the original complainant is not telling the truth. There might have been circumstances, of which the original person was unaware, that caused the problem.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
too long!
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 12:18:32 PM »
I can't agree with your logic either Tom. If I tell the police when asked that I saw someone last night but didn't tell them the "fuller picture" that when I saw him I killed him, then I believe I would have lied to the police. As is normal with these people, there is a "fuller picture" that would prove their point, but of course no details of any "fuller picture" are forthcoming. Furthermore the alternative you put forward is that the reason wasn't given to the customer but was to another entirely unrelated couple? Is that the way things are communicated these days?

I'm really not interested in fact. The service I received at Bostans was poor and moreover dishonest. Whether there is more to the story of someone else's experience won't have any bearing on my experience.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
too long!
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 13:23:38 PM »
Having difficulty where this is going, from what i can understand it is about very poor service, yet it appears to me that Anita, Brian, and Aslan seem to be turning it into Anita, Brian,Aslan, versus Scunner. you say quote: in bostans that night and there is a fuller picture to be seen what happened. Then please tell us CBF members what that picture is, then perhaps we can understand what your point is.:(

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
too long!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 14:18:19 PM »
my sister and I went into Bostons one night hoping for a meal, the place wasnt full and there were at least 5 waiters on, we sat there for 15 minutes without anyone coming over to us, I put my hand up to get attention, one of the waiters nodded but didnt come over, after another 10 minutes we stood up and left, then 2 waiters quickly came after us, I just said forget it, and they put their hands up in the air wondering what they had done wronge, its laughable really.Bee

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
too long!
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 14:33:11 PM »
Well done Bee, good to see someone get back to the topic, perhaps they,ll give scunner a break now.:D:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
too long!
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 15:44:05 PM »
I doubt it.

The stupid thing is, this is a topic that started with someone not happy with the service and had died and been buried beneath dozens of new topics. As I said before, I am aware than some people are fans of the place and these people are too, having known the owner for years (although they didn't mention that on here, just to anyone who would listen in the restaurant).

A tip for fans of restaurants. Please start a new topic telling us all about it. Reactivating a dead topic that is not sharing your thoughts only brings bad publicity right back to the top of the pile as is the case here.

Offline sting

too long!
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 18:31:40 PM »
Had an experience at restaurant on beach front,ordered obligatory Efes and Gin tonic ,very prompt.Food was Ottoman and for my wife spagetti bolongnase,after she had finished her's and I was still waiting finally gave up and walked away !!My wife paid for all and left to meet me at Bustop.

The following day we walked past and tried to avoid eye contact with owner, he caught me and in all seriousness he told me, come in lunchtime he will do nice Ottoman !! Classic.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf