Author Topic: Yoruk Tents  (Read 5207 times)

Offline kizkucuk

Yoruk Tents
« on: January 01, 2011, 22:13:03 PM »
After lots of discussions we decided that the tents would be a great place to spend New Years Eve.  They had a set menu for 65tl per person and we decided that we would rather eat at home and head along there for drinks afterwards.  We telephoned on Thursday and were told that if we arrived after the food they would try and find us a table.

We arrived at 10pm - atmosphere great, music good and hundreds of people - within 15 minutes we had a table.  I asked for an archers and sprite and was told no archers - we asked for the menu - they brought two to the table and we chose our drinks. We ordered 2 colas, 1 sprite and 1 double vodka and sprite - all arrived promptly.  

A while later we could hear the people at the next table talking about their bill - 300 tl for drinks - there were a group of them but they hadn't seemed to drink that much.  We totted up our bill using the menus which were still on the table - we made it 20tl.  When we asked for the bill we were charged 45 tl - we queried it and were told that even though they had given us menus they were charging special New Years Eve prices. Were these the most expensive drinks in Calis last night?  

We decamped to Anna Bar at midnight where the drinks were much more reasonably priced and danced the night away. Won't be going back to the tents in a hurry.  

Offline Eric

Yoruk Tents
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 14:45:27 PM »
Rip off Turkey again sadly!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Yoruk Tents
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »
They tried to rip us off for a couple of drinks big style last year in the Summer. I gave them the menu price and we walked out. Not been back but I have asked others and they all say the same...

Offline PKHUGHES100

Yoruk Tents
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:10:45 PM »
Is there nothing than can be done when they hand you the menu with prices and then just decide to inflate? If the inflated prices were not made clear is there no re-dress, I am not a fan of regulating the market but!

Kevin

Offline Eric

Yoruk Tents
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 13:08:26 PM »
Report them to the Zabita, or at least threaten!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Yoruk Tents
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 14:50:51 PM »
Pretty sure this is the place we wandered into 0n 2009 New Year Eve, we ordered two beers and when we went to pay they asked for 20 lira, having had a few beers already I put 10 lira down and said that is all you are getting and count yourself lucky you are getting that much as you are ripping us off!we left and have not been back since and nor will we all the time I hear they are still at it. It has become a matter of principle to me now not to allow myself to be ripped off where ever possible, it is not neccasarily about the extra money it has now become about how annoyed I feel with myself after I have let it happen.

Offline sunlover

Yoruk Tents
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 17:36:48 PM »
Such a shame as this is a great place to go to while in Calis IF ONLY THEY DONT RIP US OFF..:(

we went there a couple of years ago while there and was overcharged by a onsiderable amount, never to return:(

i think they do need reporting..

Offline peecee

Yoruk Tents
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 20:38:19 PM »
Sadly it's not just Turkey where people get ripped off.  My son, who lives in London, spotted a sign in his local pub's window,
'£10 entrance fee New year's Eve'
He asked if they would be putting on food, entertainment, anything?  No, it was because it was NYE.  Needless to say he didn't go there:D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Yoruk Tents
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 06:42:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by peecee

Sadly it's not just Turkey where people get ripped off.  My son, who lives in London, spotted a sign in his local pub's window,
'£10 entrance fee New year's Eve'
He asked if they would be putting on food, entertainment, anything?  No, it was because it was NYE.  Needless to say he didn't go there:D

At least he was warned before he entered. I don't suppose there was a sign up outside the tents saying special new years eve drinks prices (we charge double)

Offline PKHUGHES100

Yoruk Tents
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 10:51:41 AM »
My point exactly Gorgeous bird.

Kevin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf