Author Topic: Unbelievable charge  (Read 11895 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Unbelievable charge
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 14:24:35 PM »
It's worth noting you do have to pay for virtually all public toilets in Turkey.

Charging paying customers at your bar and restaurant is very different.

Buzz Bar in Oludeniz charges non customers 1TL to use their toilets and has done for years - but customers do not have to pay anything.

I think this is just to discourage every tom dick and harry coming in off the beach and using their loos to wash themselves off, sand and all which is understandable and I don't think it is particularly enforced.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Unbelievable charge
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 17:46:56 PM »
"I think this is just to discourage every tom dick and harry"

Nice turn of phrase under the circumstances, Nichola:D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 17:47:10 PM by stoop »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Unbelievable charge
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 18:08:35 PM »
At the beach party Mark I was asked to pay a TL.Bit of a cheek seeing as how we gave them 130 customers that night. I said something like no chance. I fully understand that they would charge non customers however because I used to chase them out of our place in the UK. There is a sign in the Penguin cafe toilet next to the new Migros saying for customers use only. Maybe they could do this at the Mimoza to make it plain. Not that anyone will take any notice of it. Too late today however because 10 of us went to Guvens instead and had a lovely day. We spent quite a few bob as well so they lost that at the Mimoza.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 18:10:18 PM by mercury »

Offline kanga

Unbelievable charge
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 23:16:47 PM »
Would not use any bar that I had to pay to use the toilets. If they set a trend think you will see many places going bust this year.  I for one would stay home in my villa. Can they not see they will just alienate customers.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Unbelievable charge
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 23:27:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kanga

Would not use any bar that I had to pay to use the toilets. If they set a trend think you will see many places going bust this year.  I for one would stay home in my villa. Can they not see they will just alienate customers.

Or we could all go and pee in the sea :D

Offline sunlover

Unbelievable charge
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2011, 11:44:17 AM »
Yes they certainly did take our money for the loo...

there was a lady sitting outside the toilets and one time i dashed over as she was away from her table, she soon returned as i came out of there with her little box for the 1ytl :o

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Unbelievable charge
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2011, 11:50:09 AM »
Places we must visit when we're over

Mimosa

Offline Old Daffodil

Unbelievable charge
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
What are the conditions like in the toilets? Are they clean with working plumbing? Is there plenty of paper and handwashing soap etc? I do not mind paying for the use of a well kept cloakroom.

Offline busybee

Unbelievable charge
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2011, 12:41:37 PM »
At one stage during the Beach Part the whole floor was flooded.  One loo door wouldnt shut, paper towel dispenser only worked when it felt like it.  They were fairly clean but you nearly broke your neck going down ricketey staircases from the garden to get to them!!  I dot expect an establishment selling meals and drinks to be charging for toilet facilities.

We decided not to go there yesterday but rest assured I shall be calling in to see Ouzy and tell him of all the comments on the forum.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Unbelievable charge
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 13:27:21 PM »
Not sure of the law in Turkey (who is??) but over here if you provide food and drink you must provide toilets for your customers. Surely they could just do what the likes of Genis do on Fethiye Prom and have a key which is handed out to customers when required.

It's off my list for future reference.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf