Author Topic: Eating out on a budget  (Read 6037 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Eating out on a budget
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 11:15:04 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Fastlady

Also, sorry but I think Pasa Kebab is a bit on the pricy side - there are certainly cheaper places where a family on a budget could find a cheap nourishing meal.

It depends what your budget is....there are kebab places all around that serve good kebabs / wraps for a couple of lire.  Pasa Kebab (on the Fetiye ring road), is a step up from that - fab kebabs, excellent mezes and salads.  My husband and I ate there a lot at Easter (its a favorite of ours), and the most expensive meal worked out at about £17.00 for the two of us, starters, kebabs, salads, bread and a couple of beers.  We think it is excellent value.   Also recommend Mozaik Bahce as has already been mentioned.  Sahil Lokanta next to Migros, also a good reliable bet.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Eating out on a budget
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 11:17:19 AM »
Eating on a budget in Calis just has to be Frank Cannon's (actually called Gunislik or something similar) - it is owned by a guy who looks a lot like Frank Cannon. They do brilliant easy food from egg & chips to doner etc, and their set menus are unbeatable value - like chicken doner meat & chips with a beer for 15 Lira (I don't know the prices but you get the idea). It is located on the main bridge road, cross over the bridge from the prom and it is on the left hand side about half way up.

Even when the prom is deserted, Frank is busy.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Eating out on a budget
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »
Senai. is the waiter there. Been there for years. Aka Mike. He is a lovely and funny bloke. Their chicken casserole topped with cheese. Chips (best anywhere) and fresh salad. Beer a glass of wine or soft drink and garlic bread starter is 17TL. I didnt realise that the place we have been eating at all this time was Frank Cannons. lol. They do childrens meals as well.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Eating out on a budget
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 11:55:53 AM »
Pasa kepab and Megri although excellent are not that cheap. (Not for us locals anyway). Sahin Lokanta is the best in our opinion but there prices have gone up a lot recently. I know places that do chicken half bread with lots of salad and 2 drinks for 5TL.Kral is a good price and the place that Liz goes to Sahbinden? Turn right at ING bank and it is on there. There are lots lokantas and restaurants that the local use on those side roads in Fethiye. Not as fancy as some places but very good food never the less.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Eating out on a budget
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 12:16:36 PM »
omg Frank Cannons donner is the best! Especially at 3am! their chips are handcut and cooked fresh - its a fave of ours even worth us prom wallers venturing over the bridge for!

Offline marina

Eating out on a budget
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »
Must have walked past this place hundreds of times and never noticed it!!  One to look out for next visit I think :D

Offline Julesp

Eating out on a budget
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 22:33:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

We always visit the Sahil Lokantasi next to the big Migros - great food and very reasonable. I understand there is another Sahil on that road which isn't next to Migros - that one is said to be a rip off.

There are 2 One either side of Migros Which one is your preference? because I like the one near to Migros exit, others seem to prefer the one on the Migros entrance side near Hamish Mr Turk, I only went that one once and thought it expensive

Theres a place that sells Koftes and the like behind the main PTT in Fethiye Very reasonably priced But easy to miss
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 22:35:28 PM by Julesp »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Eating out on a budget
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 22:59:42 PM »
The one on the Migros entrance side we like.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Eating out on a budget
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 08:42:37 AM »
Same here.

Offline valleyboy

Eating out on a budget
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 09:32:19 AM »
Must agree about the Gunislik in Calis, superb !, there are a row of great Lokantasi opposite the Otogar, "The Gar 1 & 2" and my personal favourite "The Seckin", great food very reasonably priced also the added bonus of being open 24 hours, should you ever fancy a bowl of lentil soup at 4 am that is !!!:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf