Author Topic: Verandah Restaurant  (Read 1798 times)

Offline littlereddevil

Verandah Restaurant
« on: October 21, 2012, 10:03:49 AM »
Haven't tried the Veranda but we were told it belongs to Shaka

Offline panick

• Newly Registered
Re: Verandah Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 14:07:57 PM »

Ref. The Verandah, next door to Shaka. We've been there a few times with various others since August and not been disappointed at all. The food was excellent on each occassion, like Shaka the portions are not massive but provides a wonderful alternative to the  "chips and rice with everything" brigade. Also not a massive selection on the menu, which at least gives confidence that the chefs are able to produce the dishes from fresh ingredients.
Between us we've tried many of the dishes but a favourite is the 5 cheese ravioli.
Preferred to the other restaurants on the Kordon as the seating is not on the sea wall, still plenty of opportunity to people watch without them watching you eat! prices for drinks and food about the same as Shaka and the others. Service has been excellent on every visit.
Have met the owner, who has some great ideas. Not sure but I don't think he is linked to Shaka.

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 16:20:03 PM »
Haven't tried the Veranda but we were told it belongs to Shaka

Different owners.  Shaka not involved at all.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 22:53:23 PM »

Ref. The Verandah, next door to Shaka. We've been there a few times with various others since August and not been disappointed at all. The food was excellent on each occassion, like Shaka the portions are not massive but provides a wonderful alternative to the  "chips and rice with everything" brigade. Also not a massive selection on the menu, which at least gives confidence that the chefs are able to produce the dishes from fresh ingredients.
Between us we've tried many of the dishes but a favourite is the 5 cheese ravioli.
Preferred to the other restaurants on the Kordon as the seating is not on the sea wall, still plenty of opportunity to people watch without them watching you eat! prices for drinks and food about the same as Shaka and the others. Service has been excellent on every visit.
Have met the owner, who has some great ideas. Not sure but I don't think he is linked to Shaka.

We visited The Verandah when over in September.  Can't comment on the food as we were only there for drinks.  I'm not a skinflint but 18tl for a brandy and cola seemed a tad expensive, even for the kordon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf