Author Topic: Zentara  (Read 4579 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: Zentara
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 07:05:14 AM »
And your missing nothing Keith, its out of date like most of the date stamps on its products.  ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »
Me and a mate spent a very pleasant morning there having a village breakfast; at Zentara not the Pork shop. It was very enjoyable, a nice selection of everything you might expect and some different dishes too.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 10:57:05 AM »
Yes and I believe this is the place that the Present Mrs T speaks highly of for the dance classes.  Perhaps we will try out the food there some time soon.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 07:49:03 AM »
Last friday 10 of us went for a meal all enjoyed our food very reasonable price, the etertainment was excellent a young Turkish couple singing to his guitar, they were joined later by another couple of lads playing flutes and rattling walnut shells.
The only criticism the prices of drinks are are on the menu, ie. beer 5tl wine 6tl. When we got the bill 2tl had been added to the price of all the drinks, we assume it was to help pay for the entertainment and are happy to pay the extra, (we did not realise till the next day)
The only thing is we should have been told at the start of the night. The other nights we have eaten there drinks have been charged at menu prices, when there is no entertainment on.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Zentara
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 08:48:07 AM »
I'm sad to say that we went to Zentara last night and to report that although the food was nice, the service was terrible!

We arrived just before 8pm, the restaurant was empty apart from one other table of 4 people. We took our seats and waited 15 minutes for the waitress to take a drinks order, we took the opportunity to give our orders for starters and mains. After about 30 minutes we received a couple of slices of toast and butter, After an hour there was still no sign of our food and apart from dropping off our toast and drinks, we never saw the waitress once. It was one hour and 20 minutes and our main course was brought out, quickly followed by the starters which we refused. At this point we were ready for another drink, we also had no condiments or napkins on our table, nor were there any on the other tables and I had to go into the kitchen to find the waitress and order a drink.

Chris had ordered the chicken casserole which was nice but we expected it would be accompanied by some salad or chips, unfortunately it wasn't. I had the mushroom steak which was very nice. Just as we were finishing our meal, the illusive but very smiley waitress appeared with a bowl of bread! It felt like the final insult.

We spoke to the people on the other table who said they hadn't ordered starters as they didn't want to be there all night, when we asked why they would say that they told us that they had been in the previous evening and the service was just as bad, why on earth they had returned was beyond me.

We left, nobody else had come into the restaurant and our 'friends' on the other table who hadn't ordered starters were waiting for a piece of cheesecake to be served.

Sort yourselves out Zentara because you won't last long if you continue with last nights performance.

Offline Madge

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 16:14:04 PM »
A party of 10 of us went to Zentara one evening when we were in Calis in May and we had no complaints about the food or service - but we were the only people in the restaurant   :) 
The Turkish breakfast was highly recommended by one of our neighbours, but we didn't get round to trying it this time.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 17:08:00 PM »
We'd a lovely meal there on Tuesday night.  Yes, service was a little slow but I'd gladly wait a little longer for freshly prepared food.
We also loved the enclosed space out back, comfortable and away from traffic noise.  Bliss!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf