Author Topic: Ada Restaurant - Şövalye Island, Fethiye  (Read 18783 times)

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
Re: Ada Restaurant - Şövalye Island, Fethiye
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 20:30:51 PM »
Thank you H.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 20:41:27 PM »
H has not been over to the Ada as far as I know Savoyboy, but he did what I did when I read about it and wanted to book.  I Googled it and low and behold there it was  :)   
http://www.sovalyeisland.com/ecesovalye/id2.htm
H, Please go over first and experience the whole event before you compare it with the Meeting Point, a place incidentally, that we love and always patronise.  This is a totally different way of eating or even spending the day on a private beach. 
So, before comparing prices, please experience and then come back and made your critique. 

Offline suehugh

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 20:47:08 PM »
Not Been here yet, but it's sounds interesting, and I don't think you can compare it with a typical Calis restaurant because it has a unique setting.
We have happliily paid an arm and a leg for the privilege of sitting and having a beer in the Victor Emmanual Arcade in Milan.
Equally, the other arm and leg was sacrificed for a capuchino in St Marks Square.
Different countries I know. But sometimes the setting  is worth paying for.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 20:59:33 PM »
So, before comparing prices, please experience and then come back and made your critique. 

I'll consider it if you consider experiencing Mangal and/or Motto.   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 21:33:49 PM »

Totally agree Sue.  I read reviews of the River Cafe in Brooklyn and so wanted to go when we went to N.Y.   So before we went I tried to book through different agencies.  It was booked up for weeks ahead and we could not get in.  I wrote directly to the restaurant saying we were coming from Scotland etc., They did give us a table.  I could not believe it.   It was the most expensive restaurant we have ever been to, but was worth every penny, the views were fabulous, and they gave us a table right next to a window to look out over the Hudson and the Brooklyn Bridge to New York. The food was wonderful and the service was exemplary. 
There is no doubt that having an eating experience in somewhere fabulous is always worth paying for and you never forget it.  It is more than just lovely food.
It matters not a fig if someone quotes prices for the run of the mill good restaurants, because you have to pay a little more for a great experience. 
Every place needs somewhere "special" to eat.  We are so lucky in Calis to have this place and should not dismiss it without even trying it, which I think is very unfair.  After all, it is our holidays and we are not eating there every week. 
I wish the Ada well and hope for their continued success. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 21:49:54 PM »

.....and should not dismiss it without even trying it, which I think is very unfair.

Mangal, Motto

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2015, 22:09:53 PM »

It matters not a fig if someone quotes prices for the run of the mill good restaurants, because you have to pay a little more for a great experience. 

And.............

For the record it was kevmclean2001 who mentioned the Meeting Point and your good self who thought it a good price.

Having recently eaten at the Meeting Point I thought it relevant to compare prices even given that it was two "different" restaurants.

At 240 % more I do not consider it to be a good price. Is that ok.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2015, 23:22:22 PM »
I think you H (and of course Frances, no suprises there)  are missing the point.

The Ada is being dismissed by you for no other reason but the price and not the quality of the food or the eating experience.

On a happy note..since Phil gave up smoking, he reckons he could eat at places like the River Cafe and Ada every night of our holidays and still be saving money on the tobacco products he would have bought in the last 5 years.

Offline kevmclean2001

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2015, 23:42:34 PM »
I was not comparing it to meeting point
Was just saying we had experienced a lot of different restaurants
All very good, and don't mind paying for a special setting which this undoubtably is
However I think you can have as good, at half the price in Calis
I would say try it and make up your own mind
They certainly were not fully booked weeks in advance

Offline scorcher

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2015, 23:55:09 PM »
Tell them you are coming from Scotland.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf