Author Topic: Melodi Bar - Figo and Selma have move from Koca Calis  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Bill Electric

Melodi Bar - Figo and Selma have move from Koca Calis
« on: December 01, 2018, 17:47:35 PM »
Figo and Selma have once again moved from their present bar at the end of the road from Ciftlik. I visited them in early October 2018 when they asked me to post on this site to tell people that they are moving so anyone wishing to visit them is able to do so. They are now close to the Surf Café that can be reached by car, taxi dolmuş or walking. The dolmuş terminus is actually at the Surf Café and so is probably the easiest way to get there. Immediately to the right of the Surf Café is a road that leads to their new address. Take this road and walk approximately 5 minutes until you come to the first major building. This has a number of steel framed car ports in front of it. Take the left part of the building and about half way down are some hidden steps that take you to the terrace. This is their new bar and restaurant. Again they have spent some money making it a pleasant place to be. When I last visited them on 12.11.2018 they were still in the process of building and decorating. Selma seemed to think that they would be open around 27.11.2018, but would not be fully operational until several weeks after that. Please go along, have a drink or a meal, sit and relax in the quiet and peaceful surrounding. Figo and Selma are waiting to greet you. The bar / restaurant will once again be called ‘The Melodi Bar’.
If you wısh to walk please follow the route described – It starts from the bridge at the beginning of the Calış promenade. From the bridge you cross to the front and turn right. Follow the promenade until you get to the ‘Letoon Hotel’. Just after this, the promenade starts to turn right. Look for a restaurant called ‘Oben’ and a small path that runs just before, and to the left of it. Turn left down this path and continue along this small road until you reach the ‘Guven’s’. Cut through Guven’s keeping to the path for about another 50 meters. After this there should be no more bars to you right or left. Look to the right and there is a proper road about 40 metres away. Go to the road and turn left. You now follow this road basically as far ‘Surf Café’ / dolmuş teminus. This road varies from concrete and sometimes stone. You would be well advised to wear good foot ware if you are walking.  When you reach ‘Surf Café’ follow the directions as described above.

Figo and Selma's new address is - Denizkent Sitesi, Çiftlik Mahallesi, 48300 Fethiye/Muğla, Turkey
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 17:57:58 PM by Bill Electric »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Melodi Bar - Figo and Selma have move from Koca Calis
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 19:33:16 PM »
I know that place. It’s a little tucked away to be honest but I hope they do well. I think there was a restaurant there a few years back but it didn’t stay open that long.

Good luck to them. We will call in next year when with are back in Koca.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 22:17:20 PM »
Thank you for posting Bill we had the pleasure to meet Figo and Selma in Sept had a lovely meal at the old location so will defo follow your directions to their new place wen we next over, weve yet to try their roast dinner, hope they do well in their new location

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 16:00:31 PM »
The road is pretty much all tarmac now but beware of the fact there are no footpaths and some drivers are loony!

If you are travelling from the Koca Çalis end I think the best way (if you are heading from the main road towards the beach) is to turn left at the corner shop just past the Perin hotel (formerly the pink Alperin). Walk up there until you see the the t-junction and I think they are just on the left before you reach the junction.

Offline Bill Electric

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 12:40:56 PM »
Hi all,

This image is a little clearer and might be better to follow. Hope so anyway. It only starts at the Surf Café.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 08:57:44 AM »
Been to visit them a few times. Sunday lunch lovely. Evening meal lovely. Well worth a visit to see this lovely couple.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf