Author Topic: About foreigners residance permit  (Read 48263 times)

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
About foreigners residance permit
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2004, 18:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  It hopefully would be a bit easier for us as my husband is Turkish (a holiday romance of 10 years ago!)but the other English couple who will be moving out might find it a bit harder.  Interesting to hear you have no chippy - (been reading other threads.  What do you all do in the winter?

Offline teresa321

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 19:04:52 PM »
If your husband is Turkish Janet doesn't he have the right to reside already?

Teresa

Offline farmer

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2004, 11:22:27 AM »
Hi all!
I know this topic is covered in bits elsewhere on the site, but can anyone answer these specific questions please:
1.   Do I need a Permanent address in Turkey before I apply for a Residents Visa?
   By which I mean do I have to "Own" the property at the address, or can the address  be of a property for which I am paying rent.

2.   The British Embassy in Turkey tells me I can apply for a Residents Visa after I arrive in Turkey, but the Tapu.co.uk site insists I must apply to the Consulate in the UK,  and then take the papers to the Police in Turkey after I have arrived, saying This cannot be done in Turkey
Which of these is right please?

I want to import some possessions into Turkey about 8 weeks after I arrive, and understand that this is extremely difficult WITHOUT a Residents Permit ( and not that easy even with one sometimes!)

Regards

farmer

Offline cenk

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2004, 16:31:55 PM »
Hi Farmer
I dont know the reason why tapu.co.uk insisting on it but you can DEFINATELY apply in Turkey no need to go to embassy.I know it very good as I got recently some residence visas for our customers.
You have to be a owner or renter , doesnt matter.You have to give to police deed copy OR rental contract copy at the time of application.
You must have residence permit if you want to bring your furniture here.

Offline teresa321

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2004, 17:03:53 PM »
Farmer

I have read a lot about Tapu.co.uk on another site and it was all bad.

Teresa

Offline farmer

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2004, 21:05:51 PM »
Thanks Cenk and Teresa
I have looked further at Tapu site and now found quite a lot of their information to be wrong, or at least misleading.
I'm not going to use them!!!!!
My shipping agents now tell me they will not despatch my (few) bits and pieces until I have a resdents permit - and of course an address to have them delivered. I've opted for a door to door pack, collect, store, transport and unpack service. Will let you know how I get on.
regards
farmer

Offline WalgraveChippy

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2004, 11:03:56 AM »
Farmer,I'd be very interested in knowing who you are using and the prices quoted.

Offline don123

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2004, 00:58:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Inspector

European Comunity citizens needs documents written down for residance permit.
1- Petition to Governor General of Fethiye (The blue building next to Gima Supermarket Where the Court House located in. The office is located on the second floor named as KAYMAKAMLIK. You can get free petition sample and fill in it from foreign police office near Ecesaray Marina.)After the petition signed and stamped by KAYMAKAMLIK you will get it to the main Police office (EMNIYET MUDURLUGU) opposite the PTT. At the first floor on the left side you will see Information (DANISMA)officers. They will record it and inform you about where to go.
2- Two photocopies of the pages carrying the last entry stamp and identity information.
3- Residency charge to be deposited at the Tax Office
   On the road by the sea nearly 500 meters after YAKAMOZ Restaurant. Its a yellow and brown large building with a seaview. You will first go up the second floor. Officer will give you a receipt then downstairs you will pay amount.
4- A remitance to the foreign affairs department of Mugla Security Office (MUGLA EMNIYET MUDURLUGU YABANCILAR SUBE MUDURLUGU) through PTT. (60 milion TL)
5- 8 passport photos
6- Foreign exchange peceipts or photocopy of the bank account book or bancomat.
7- If any real estate is owned , the title deed copy.

Residency Charge
For British Citizens
6 months    200 000 000 Tl
1 Year      380 000 000 Tl
2 Years     740 000 000 Tl
5 Years   1 820 000 000 Tl

For German Citizens
6 months    20 Euro
1 Year      30 Euro
5 Years     60 Euro

For Holland Citizens
6 months    215 Euro
1 Year      430 Euro
5 Years     890 Euro

[8)]hi,
the residency permit is that cost per person and is it the same for children.
please could you let us know.
many thanks.:D

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2004, 07:43:17 AM »
Just working on my information portfolio for moving to make sure I have all the correct information on many subjects to do with my move to Turkey but I am confused by this thread.  When you come to Turkey say of 1 week or 2 weeks your passport gets stamped when you come in and when you go out. The visa also gets stamped when you leave the country. Does this mean even though it is stamped you can still come back into Turkey on the visa with the first original date stamp on it??

Sorry but I don't understand this one - probably because of my ordeal at Gazi Antep when I was forced to by another visa even though I'd only been there 2 months earlier!

Can you clarify this one please?

Linda

Offline teresa321

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2004, 07:54:34 AM »
I did this for the fist time on my last visit. I am normally outside the 3 month rule.  If your visa is still valid and is multiple entry (I have never had any other to be honest), then get the visa in front of you go straight to the passport kiosk and plonk it in front of the officer.

We got through without any problem at all, although I did read somewhere that there could be problems if the dates on the original stamps are not clear. You will have to return in that period as well - also some people have said 3 months others 90 days - err on the side of caution.

It saved us £20.

Teresa

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf