Author Topic: residency application be aware  (Read 4268 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: residency application be aware
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 23:39:34 PM »
if they arrived on 2nd Jan then that is 84 days up to today so unless their Oct trip was less than 6 days then yes they would have been over.
Goodness knows where the 50 day extra figure came from unless they were here a long time in Oct.

They may have been here 50 days in October.  ;)

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 07:54:34 AM »
As Mark said, they arrived in October and stayed till Christmas, if you assume mid October to say, 20th December, that's approx 55 days, then from 2 January till 27th March is 84 days, a total of 139 days, that's a bit above the 90 days you are allowed.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 09:18:15 AM »
Some freinds of ours today went to do their residency in Fethiye, they came in January 2nd to Dalaman which meant this week was the last 2 weeks of the 90 days to apply.
 They were told they have both overstayed by 50 days, when they came in in October and paid £10 for a visa they should have counted 90 days from then and not from when they came back and had a stamp in ther book Jan. 2nd.
The Police accepted it was a genuine error and only fined them 110tl each and still processed their residency applications.
Just spoken to my neighbour when they came in october they paid for a visa, when they returned on the 3rd January they only had 7 days left on the visa, which would not give them time to get residency, so they bought another visa each. The passport police in Fethiye told them they should not have been given another visa while the other one was current.
I know many people who are coming three or four times this year I wonder how this will affect them.
Mark

Offline Marggie

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 09:54:06 AM »
For anybody else who finds themselves in a similar situation, it would not have mattered that they only had seven days left on their Visa, as long as their application for residency was lodged with the Passport Police there would not have been a problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf