Author Topic: Short term visa  (Read 6610 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Short term visa
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 12:15:40 PM »
It depends which kiosk you go to  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 13:03:31 PM »
Here is an example of what I mean, using the generally accepted as gospel visa calculator at Bodrum Bulletin:

So, in this completely made up example I get my visa during/for an overnight stay in Istanbul. Then, on the same visa I visit Calis for almost the entire last 3 months of the 6 months (180 days). I couldn't get it to do next day but anyway - a couple of days later I want to stay for another 3 months, and a new visa can be obtained for this.

So, if it was 90 in the preceeding 180 days, by my final leaving date of 19th September, I have stayed in Turkey for 169 days in the last 6 months. But no problem getting visas    :)

It would only mean I couldn't get a new visa or visit again till December.

You can understand the confusion :D

Offline suehugh

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 17:23:14 PM »
Right, think I have it.
In two lots of 180 days, you can stay 180 days, with two visas.
No gaps necessary between renewing visas.

Thanks, we thought we were unable to visit again until July.

Apologies to those people I doubted.     

Hugh

Offline charlste

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 18:30:09 PM »
http://www.yellali.com/news/article/33/90-180-day-tourist-visa-for-turkey-new-rules-explained#.UpmYAiJ8Org.facebook

So what about this article where it says you must count backwards from your departure date?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 18:44:54 PM »
Well that isn't what it says on the Turkish (or British) consulate websites as far as I know. For example https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements

I'm not saying I understand it, I'm purely trying to show what a shambles it is. For the record I do not understand the 90/180 visa rules fully, and neither do many of those at Passport control at Dalaman. Even if the yellali information is correct, and what the passport control staff are working to, there is no situation where it was correct to tell suehugh that they can't return for 180 days. Even using the 180 days preceding departure, a 90 day stay would fall off 90 days after departure date, not 180 days after.

Offline charlste

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 19:13:14 PM »
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/residency_turkey_visas_work_permit_questions/90180_day_visa_further_twist_53021.0.html

When i read this post i thought i had got my head round it and used the "departure date" to work it out but now i am not so sure.
I have read your link keith but how can we be sure which way the passport police will interpretate this and afterall you cant argue with these people.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 19:24:53 PM »
You can't, it depends the way the wind is blowing on the day.  Totally shambolic!! 

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 12:56:40 PM »
Agee agree agree it is totally shambolick and it is b""""y ridiculous that passport control in Turkey don't seem to know what they are doing/saying to people, I think I have my head around it all now with everyone's help on here and hubby's little chart he made me, hell I am taking my chances this year with it all (of course I shall work it out to my understanding before booking my trips)and hopefully will be ok, if not then goodness knows! 8)

Offline charlste

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 16:11:55 PM »
I wonder if the new e-visa has a loophole in it.
Apply for it online now to start tomorrow.Spend 90 days in turkey roughly ending in june.nip home for a week then come back in july and spend another 90 days.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 17:25:17 PM »
But would you not get caught going out on your second 90 days as you are leaving Turkey when they count backwards from your departure date and you are 83 days over ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf