Author Topic: Eating a la Lokantasi  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Clioman2

Eating a la Lokantasi
« on: May 15, 2010, 15:58:56 PM »
Folks
      been coming out to Calis for a number of years, first visit 1996, but have sadly been rather unadventurous. More recently we've stayed at the Oykun and gone out each evening and walked straight up the main street and onto the beach road (usually turning right). We've seen a red lokantasi on the once-dolphin roundabout but not tried up to now. Could anyone advise on the quality, value and service there please? We do enjoy the Turkish pide, and my wife loves meze, so this year we'd like to try more of the local fare and eateries and less of what we eat here back in the UK.
We arrive 4th June early morning so if you could give us a few pointers it would be a great help. Please remember to give a few directions as we're not that familiar with the street names.
TIA
    Clioman2

Offline kizkucuk

Eating a la Lokantasi
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 18:30:04 PM »
Try Ametist on the corner - by Dolphinless roundabout - walk past Calis Taxi Office on the left cross road it's on the corner - if you look across the road to your left you will see the Bombay Indian - Ametist do fantastic pide - try the chicken or the mixed  :-)  Yum

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 20:12:21 PM »
If in Fethiye - any of the lokantasi opposite Carrefour / Bus Station are good.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Eating a la Lokantasi
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 20:39:43 PM »
I think a great place to start is the Megri Lokantasi in Fethiye (near to Duck Pond in Paspatur). They have the glass counter and you can choose a couple (or more) dishes, side dishes and veggies just by pointing at them, although there is always someone who speaks good English there to explain what you are pointing at if you prefer not to take a gamble. In this way you can try a couple of main courses without it costing the Earth.

The other thing to bear in mind is that you don't have to worry about what goes with what - there is no rulebook, you can have anything with anything and it's all entirely up to you. There are also no rules about eating it - I remember many years ago getting a dish which was kebab meat (lamb), bread, yoghurt, salad and a sauce. I didn't know whether you put the lamb in the bread or ate the bread as bread and the lamb separately and God knows if the salad went in or if that was a side thing. So I asked how this particular dish was eaten. Answer: (Confused looks) Eat it whatever way you want to  :)

It's a great way to eat exactly for those reasons. Enjoy  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Eating a la Lokantasi
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 22:15:05 PM »
One thing that you have to get used to, especially in Lokantas, is that food is generally served lukewarm rather than piping hot.

Offline friar tuck

Eating a la Lokantasi
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 09:16:55 AM »
I agree with the Megri, and if you go past their place on the one way system at the entrance to the Papatur you will come to the Pasha Kebab excellent selection of dishes and very popular with the locals.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}11918&SearchTerms=pasha,kebab
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:11:05 AM by friar tuck »

Offline thebillet

Eating a la Lokantasi
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 13:38:55 PM »
I agree with the comment about lukewarm I had thought I was just unlucky!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf