Author Topic: Can reccomend Aspava  (Read 2941 times)

Offline busybee

Can reccomend Aspava
« on: October 25, 2010, 06:16:13 AM »
Can highly reccoment Aspava kebab and pide salon where the Efes Pub used to be on Baris Manco.

The place had totally been refurbished to a high standard, is modern and spotlessly clean

They have an extensive menu from soups,doners kebabs,grills etc. Eat in, takeaway or delivery service.

With our pide we had a large box of beautiful fresh salad, carton of yogurt dip and carton of pepper relish.

Beware the pides are huge!!! Their tel no is 6136252.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Can reccomend Aspava
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 15:45:34 PM »
Hi Busybee,where abouts is this place please I fancy getting a take away from there but dont know where the Efes Pub was, many thanks.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Can reccomend Aspava
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 16:09:44 PM »
Walking away from the beach, it's about halfway up the main road on the right hand side Karenina

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Can reccomend Aspava
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 17:16:13 PM »
Sounds like this place is opposite the road with the markets either side and the taxi rank.
There have been a few businesses in the place since it was built, it always seems to a very quiet on that side of the road, so hope this new place will do well.  Will give it a try next time we are over.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Can reccomend Aspava
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 17:16:41 PM »
We had lunch there today the decor and the food is excellent.
mark

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Can reccomend Aspava
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 20:21:16 PM »
I'm hoping it takes off too as there aren't enough places near the top end of the road.  Sometimes you don't want to walk all the way into Calis for a meal

Offline sadler

Can reccomend Aspava
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 20:46:03 PM »
We ate there early October on the recommendation of our friends.  Must say that we were met with total courtesy and the food was delicious.  Just be warey of the spirits thought, I ordered Raki and my wife had local Gin.  They were served straight from the bottle which was bought to our table, about half a glass full each for the same price as a tot on the sea front.  We (hic) finally weaved our way home (hic).  Just brilliant and what a refreshing find, just over the road from the old Palms resturant. :P

Offline cathy h

Can reccomend Aspava
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 13:47:12 PM »
Yes Jacqui, it is opposite the road with the 2 minimarkets on the corner. We ate there a couple of days after it opened and the service was all over the place although the staff were lovely. Just teething problems I think.
For me the main issue was the wine - they didn't have any so simply bought a bottle from the minimarket. Result - undrinkable! And my friends imply that I will drink anything - cheeky lot! The food was pretty good though, and we weren't charged for the wine. Last week we had a take away from them and that was fine too. We will go again and I will check out the wine first, before ordering it.
We definitely wish tham good luck, as you say Anne, we don't always want to walk to the front. I only hope that as they have opened near the end of the season, that they will have enough custom to carry them through the winter.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Can reccomend Aspava
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 15:17:13 PM »
Had lunch there yesterday with Mark and Carol, as Mark said excellent,their pide is delicious, and only 3.50 for an effes.[^]:D

Offline yabanci

Can reccomend Aspava
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 12:30:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by cathy h

For me the main issue was the wine - they didn't have any so simply bought a bottle from the minimarket.

They have sorted that problem out now Cathy.My wife was served a very drinkable red wine the other night and the measure was very generous.:PThe Pide was good and the service excellent.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf