Author Topic: Guitar bar square ??  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Guitar bar square ??
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 21:07:25 PM »
No, Puma, they will not be back. If they threw a kitten to a pack of dogs, they will not be concerned about the ducks.   Unfortunately, Turkish people do not feel the same about Birds as we do. They will just renew the ducks every year to bring in the tourists.  The ducks that are left, will be quite tame  so will come to humans easily and will probably be taken and killed for the table, unless someone goes and gets them and puts them in a river somewhere.  Ducks are cheap, and the money they cost will be re-couped by all the tourists that love to see them, so they can easily be replaced every year.
If this where dogs or cats there would be an outcry, however, a few ducks will not be worried about.
If they are still in the area and anyone is around, ducks do not need to swim, but they do need to submerse their heads in water all the time to clean their eyes, if they don't they will get eye infections and eventually go blind. >:(
I really hope someone can go and help them.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 22:28:26 PM »
Johnboy1967, According to a person on Facebook called Mandy, the Guitar Bar is not closed and the ducks and rabbits are being looked after.  So, it may seem you have made a mistake.  I think you better check your facts out before Mandy gets on your case...something you do not want.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 22:35:40 PM »
Forgive me but it may have been better if everyone ascerained the facts first.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 22:41:47 PM »
H, As Johnboy1967 is a member with over 200 posting and lives in Turkey. I assumed he would have no reason to get his facts wrong.   I tend to believe members who are in the area.  However, will wait and see what Johnboy has to say now.
I am surprised  this place would be open all year around, as it's outside in the open, but perhaps the customers are hardy.

Offline johnboy1967

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 22:42:31 PM »
This was what I was informed by an Animal rescue person the other day. If I'm wrong then I take it back, but the kitten thing really happened, by whom i don't know and i am not accusing the owner of doing so , how ever it was not stopped either.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 23:49:12 PM by johnboy1967 »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 22:53:53 PM »
Jacqui - I fully understand that your concern was for the ducks.

johnboy1967 has offer an apology if he was wrong and that's admirable. The fact that he is lives in Turkey is irrelevant.

I have no way of knowing who is right or wrong in this matter which is why it would have been dangerous for my to comment initially.

Offline iancarol

• Hull, UK
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 13:12:04 PM »
Bloody hell Chris you hit a few nerves there.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 13:27:36 PM »
Too right Ian, This is how "WARS START". Think we'll stay in the apartment for 2 weeks next time we come over. Oh no, we can't even do that as we now have a group of chickens running loose in the garden.  :D :D

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 13:36:49 PM »
With all good intentions, facts are what are needed as the water so easily gets muddied and then there is the danger of creating bad feeling.......people do get things wrong sometimes   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf