Author Topic: Hidden Gem?  (Read 4882 times)

Offline Ally B

Hidden Gem?
« on: June 17, 2014, 21:05:51 PM »
When we were in Calis last week we decided to go for a drink while chicken was cooking in the oven.We decided on the Letoon hotel two doors away.As most of the tables were set for dining we went upstairs to what we thought was just another bar.Reaching the top of the stairs we got a real surprise,there in front of us was the most beautiful restaurant I have seen for a long time. If we had not been on our second last day we would gone for a meal.Still  it is near top of the list for next visit.If anyone has eaten there I would like to hear their opinion on the food. I think they call it the Grapefruit Garden.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Hidden Gem?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 21:17:31 PM »
It is the Grapefruit Restaurant.

We stayed at Letoon for many years and it is our plan to taken our friends on their first night toLetoon to experience Letoon, the sunset and the food. Hope we're not disappointed.

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 21:27:46 PM »
We ate there last night and the food is beautiful and without doubt will be going again before we go home

Offline anne123

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 21:59:00 PM »
The food was not as good as the view and the good looking restaurant which is a big shame as we love the place the staff and all sorry x
We chatted to others over next day or two and they were of same mind here's hoping that there has been a big improvement over the last week or two

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 23:03:46 PM »
Please ignore previous comment of beautiful food at the grapefruit, our first visit we must have been lucky because last night's meal was dreadful although the ice coffee remains one of the nicest we have had in calis

Offline daffodillys

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 21:57:03 PM »
stayed at Letoon for 11 days in June, personally thought the food was lovely, great breakfast everyday, had lunch a few times and evening meal at the Grapefruit on two occasions, had no complaints at all.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 22:08:02 PM »
Agreed daffodillys.

The present Mrs H thought that she had the best meal she has ever had in Calis at The Grapefruit Restaurant and of course the view of the sunset is to die for (not that this photo does it any kind of justice) :(.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »
Sorry to say this but we stayed at The Letoon which was great.. Lovely staff.. Basic but spotless accommodation good breakfasts but we ate in The grapefruit one evening and we don't ever remember having a worse meal in Calis in 9 years... It pains me to say it because I really wanted it to be good... It wasn't cheap either.... Don't know if they changed their chef or what but it was really awful....

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 15:00:53 PM »
What was wrong with the food if you dont tell the owner at least tell us ,perhaps the owner is a member on here and will read about it ,people must tell them otherwise they wont change . >:(

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 16:16:44 PM »
It was difficult to tell the owner who is very nice when we were staying at The Hotel... 3 very small mushrooms with tiny bit of cheese.. Cold. 12 lira... 5 wings that were so peppery that I couldnt eat them....Barrie had Pepper steak which he us an expert on. The sauce was bland nbut so salty that it was inedible.. I had some chicken with a burnt sauce.... Mind was served with lumpy mash.   Both served with "roasted" vegetables which were obviously old and served mushy..... Both meals were served warm not hot... One beer one fanta 85 lira.... Is that OK Lance?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf