Author Topic: Rod stewart  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Brickie66

• Newly Registered
Rod stewart
« on: June 18, 2014, 21:36:55 PM »
Hi got bAck last Sunday from a great week in calis.went the same time last year and remembered seeing a guy that looked just like rod Stewart , and thought he was just a holidaymaker.This year there he was again, lying on the beach with his partner from early morning then would see them in one of the bars in the afternoon.in the evening would see him in the Main Street in fails all dressed up talking to all the holidaymakers. My question is who is he? Is he a tribute act? Where does he perform? Didn't see any posters advertising his act, but everyone seemed to know him, can anyone help my curiosity?

Offline John64

• Newly Registered
Re: Rod stewart
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 10:36:56 AM »
I met "Rod" for the first time in 2012 when he was staying at the same place as we were. Last year he was there as well and I expect to see him next week when we fly out to Calis. I can't seem to remember his real name at the moment but it's a quiet bloke enjoying his holiday who every once in a while does a great show as Rod Stewart. He visits Calis a few times each year staying for a couple of weeks.

The first year we met him was awesome. We were sitting at the bar at the appartments and a friend of ours sat right next to him. He looked at him and said: "you kinda remind me of someone but I can't really put my fingfer on it". Then he looked in front of him contemplaiting, took a sip of his beer, looked at "Rod" again and said: "I know, you're Robbie Williams!" We all nearly fell from our stools laughing but it was the start of a great evening with a super show at the appartments for a very select audience. He made me re-invent Rod Stewart's songs and whenever I hear Maggie May, my mind wanders back to that night in Calis. Very, very special.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf