Author Topic: Motto fish restaurant  (Read 5047 times)

Offline cheffy

Motto fish restaurant
« on: July 19, 2014, 06:30:17 AM »
With out a  doubt the best meal of the holiday, this restaurant is situated first on the right as you approach the beach via the bridge, we got talking to the owner and promised we would eat there, unfortunately we a ate on our last night, otherwise we would have gone again.
We had garlic prawns, stuffed squid,  octopus, seafood pancakes  stuffed and a hot humous that was to die for 
The food was so tasty and beats the fish market for food, in fact I'll stick my neck out a say it's the best food I've eaten in Turkey, it wasn't the cheapest,the service was slick and without a doubt the chef is a flavour genius!

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Re: Motto fish restaurant
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 14:45:23 PM »
We both like fish so assuming you are a chef that is a good recommendation.We will try in September.
                       Thanks Cheffy  8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 18:33:21 PM »
Great to hear cheffy - can I ask is this the old Harem? And also, do they do non-fish dishes for the unadventurous? (Mrs Scunner)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 20:05:00 PM »
That's what I wondered...

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 20:07:35 PM »
It is the old harem but never checked the menu

Offline paul and barbara

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 07:56:48 AM »
Had a meal there last night' cheffy is spot on wonderful food also do your meat dishes chicken etc' but the fish dishes are excellent

Offline dycedon

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 12:22:32 PM »
We ate there in early June, my wife ordered the steak and ordered the mixed fish skewers/kebab, only swordfish on skewer and lukewarm at that, the waiter never asked how my wife wanted her steak cooked but she told him med to well done, steak arrived and it was that rare a good vet would have got it back on its feet, gave the waiter a shout, he seemed a bit indifferent, then the owner came across, we explained the situation and he apologised and took the price off the bill. It had only been opened a month so teething problems probably, might give it another go, will wait and see.

Offline cheffy

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 08:18:04 AM »
Hi,  sorry for missing the questions
Badger,  yes indeed a chef a chef for my sins and hope you enjoy the meal when you go.

Keith, As confirmed I believe it was harem,  they display the fish and meat in a chilled cabinet, so you can choose what you would like to eat,  bon appetite!

Offline buzz58

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 19:40:25 PM »
We ate at Motto a couple of weeks ago,guy on the entrance said if you eat with us tonight 10% of your meal,menu looked good,so in we went,other half ordered stuffed mushroom ,which he said was very nice but those with a nut allergy beware,it contains walnuts,he then ordered king prawns he got 5 with a load of green stuff salad stuff they were nice he said but a bit dear,45lira or there about's,i ordered the stuffed crab as a main course,i don't eat a great deal,i asked the waiter if he under stood me he said yes,well my crab came first ,so i sent it back saying i wanted it with the prawns ,we waited 10 mins for the mushroom starter, then about 10 mins later the prawns came along with my  baked crab,which would have been nice if it hadn't been put back in the oven and baked to death,it was dry and so hard you couldn't get it out of the shell,the owner came across and asked if every thing was alright said no it wasn't ,told him what had happened,he shrugged his shoulders and walked away,we asked for the bill,which came,we were charged for the crab,which i hadn't been able to eat,gave them the 10%  voucher they said it wasn't for the meal that evening it was when we went another time,of course the guy at front of house by this time had disappeared,so paid the bill ,and left the voucher ripped up on the table,don't the turks ever learn,we would have been really good customers as we only eat fish,and would probably have eaten there 3-4 times a week,there loss.

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 20:10:12 PM »
Oh dear, here we go again.  Please, cant you learn from us, we are your customers. :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf