Author Topic: Mangals  (Read 4465 times)

Offline Blindside

• Newly Registered
Mangals
« on: August 17, 2014, 19:20:13 PM »
This place is my massive guilty pleasure (well this place and the Calis Beach Indian).

Wraps at lunchtime or lots of variety and excellent fresh tasting food in the evening. It always seems cool too unlike some places that can get uncomfortably warm even in the evening with fans on.

We keep going back and we've never had a bad experience. They're great with the kids and service is spot on.

I often wonder why it doesn't get more mentions on here?

Offline Bluwise

Re: Mangals
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 19:35:28 PM »
Agreed, great service and lovely food with plenty of choice.  The gentleman at the entrance is a delightful man too.

Offline Zilli

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 19:38:51 PM »
I have grabbed a half bread kebap many a time there but never sat down to eat. Did so with a friend in July and we had a fantastic trout meal. The guys were great in there and I will definitely eat in again  :) Could do without the "ice cream" man though  ;)

Offline Brianbern

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 19:40:24 PM »
They have a really good chef there! He was in the Eyna last year!

Offline Blindside

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 07:56:41 AM »
Haha I like the ice cream man but he scares my youngest with the bell  :)

I've tried lots of the restaurants in Calis over the last 3 years (about 8 weeks of holidays) and Mangal is my favourite.

I too like the main guy on the entrance. Never pushy, always welcoming and keeps the guys attentive.

Many of the other restaurants seem to be of a muchness and I can't help but feel that the general standard has gone down a bit with it becoming a bit generic. I can't quite put my finger on it but Calis does feel less unique this year. It's starting to become like other places which is a shame as it needs to keep that unique, innocent charm to it otherwise if it looks like everywhere else then you might as well go anywhere else.

Haven't been to Guvens yet this year but that's normally really good too and with an away from it feel.

The only other places where we seem to be able to order anything from the menu and it's consistently good are Mozaic in Fethiye and Calis Indian  - I know you shouldn't have a curry on holiday  :) but the first special dish on the menu is really really good.

A quick question for this other Mangal appreciators- where else do you go for consistently good food? We went to Vojos last night and wouldn't necessarily go back. We keep trying new places but a so so meal is a missed opportunity to go somewhere that you know will be good.....

Offline ewarts

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »
We too have been coming to Calis for many years and always pop into Mangal for at least one meal and have never had a bad one yet.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »
If you walk across the bridge where the river taxis are there is a restaurant on the left side, (can't remember name sorry) The waiters wear black with black ties. It serves a set menu at 23 Lira per person for 3 course and really nice food and service. Soup,moussaka, and cheesecake my recommendation  :)

Offline Zilli

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 11:19:02 AM »
The food at Mutlu hotel on the beach is fab. Turn left when you get to prom and not too far along (before the music tents). Not too many people eat there and it is a shame because the chef is great

Offline yabanci

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 11:25:23 AM »
If you walk across the bridge where the river taxis are there is a restaurant on the left side, (can't remember name sorry) The waiters wear black with black ties. It serves a set menu at 23 Lira per person for 3 course and really nice food and service.

That would be The Meeting Point.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 11:37:39 AM »
Meeting Point consistently good.. Gunusik a few doors up always perfect..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf